☠₁₇☠

"Cynoids!" Loki whimpered. "We need to get out of here, now!"

"What about Ray?!" Rose gasped.

"They have weapons and guns, they will survive without us," Cairo said grabbing her arm. "Go before our exit is cut off."

We were half way up the slope when I high-pitched scream echoed through the garage. My eyes widened, I recognized the scream from the night before. "Claude!"

I ran down the slope through the tunnel, my pole in my hand. Loki shot past me, looking around frantically. There was a horde of soggy-furred Cynoids pouring in through the opposite side of the cave. "It's impossible, the elevator is over there and the garage hasn't been breached."

"There!" Loki growled.

Claude was pinned down by a Cynoid. He used his hunting knife to pry open the Cynoid's jaws. His feet were against the Cynoid's chest, trying to keep its razor claws away from himself. But it wasn't just any Cynoid.

"Alpha," Loki snarled. During their last encounter, Loki was terrified of Alpha. But something broke in him, he bared his metallic fangs and lunged for his former leader.

I ran to aid him. Claude had been the first welcoming face here in the Remnants. I had grown to care for him, which was terrible in a survival situation. I couldn't forgive myself if I escaped knowing I left Claude here to die.

Cairo and Rose fought away any Cynoids that attempted to approach us. Loki sung his fangs into Alpha's shoulder and tackled him off of Claude. Claude was staring at them, his pale blue eyes wide. He was too petrified with fear to move. 

I ran and grabbed his arm, hauling him up. "Claude, are you okay? Can you hear me?"

The only word he managed to squeak out was, "Lo-ki?"

"You should have kept running, Road Kill!" Alpha snarled at Loki. The two Cynoids started circling off, keeping the back of their necks away from each other.

This is the first time I've seen Alpha up close, he was huge. His pelt was patched with metal to make it big enough to support his wide frame. His claws were longer than any Cynoid's I have seen before. He had three rows of razors in his mouth instead of two.

His yellow eyes darted over to where me and Claude were standing. His mouth opened in a eerie grin, revealing his rows of teeth. "You, you're the one."

I looked at Claude, why did he want him? He was just a child, he couldn't have done anything to personally antagonize the Cynoids.

Loki tackled him, knocking him back a few feet. Alpha sunk his fangs into the underside of Loki's neck and tossed him a good ten feet. He ran at me, I stood in front of Claude protectively with my pole ready.

In stead of running at me directly, he jumped to the side. Before I could react, he slammed into my side. I felt like I was hit by a car going forty miles an hour. I fell to the cave floor, groaning. I tried to scramble up to protect Claude, but Alpha sunk his teeth into my backpack. He started dragging me across the cave floor towards the garage.

"Help!" I yelled. I jabbed at him with my electric staff, but every time I did he leaped a little to the side, throwing me off balance. He was trying to drag me away so the others couldn't get to me.

"Stop struggling, they want you," Alpha snarled.

"What? Who wants me?" I asked. I dug my nails into the ground, trying to stop him. But my nails couldn't stop a Cynoid who was dragging me at twenty miles an hour.