"Yeah, It's They Birthday"

Chapter 22:

"Oh, this is Aunty Esther's house again," Marcia grins. "Do you want me to get my car seat?" She asks.
     "No-no, just go back to your mom and dad, they'll be worried sick."
     "We're just going on a trip," Marcia shrugs nonchalantly, and unbuckles her seatbelt, "But I pobably shoulda stayed at my sisters's party."
     "It was a party for them?" Jeremy asks.
     "Yeah, it's they birthday, they one," she holds up one finger to show him.
     "I thought they were rubbing it in my face," he says more to himself, he's starting to feel worse and worse.
     "What?" Marcia leans through so she can see Jeremy's face.
     "Nothing, let's just get you back to your Mom and Dad."
     "Okay," she grins, bouncing back and waiting for him to open her door since the child lock must be on like it always is in Mommy and Daddy's cars. "Hi Sebastian!" She waves as she slips out of the car. Her cousins face lights up when he sees her and he starts yelling and screaming like a crazy person, it scares her.
      "I found her! I found her!"
     And with those words people come pouring around the side of the house, spearheaded by none other than Avi, closely followed by his brother then Kirstie and the rest of their family and friends who were present. Avi is on his knees as he pulls Marcia in for a tight hug, and he's not ashamed to say that a few tears fell. Kirstie wraps her arms around both of them, crying too, though not for the first time today.
     "Where'd you find her?" Josh asks his oldest son, Sebastian.
     "Oh, she got out of that guys car," he points at Jeremy.
     "Well thanks for finding her," Josh says to Jeremy, totally unaware of who he is.
     "What are you sure he didn't take her?" Esther snaps, because she is very aware.
     Avi and Kirstie both look up in confusion until their gaze lands on Jeremy and they're both filled with anger. Avi holds Marcia tighter as he glares at Jeremy, but Kirstie springs up and launches at him, her fist connecting with his nose.
     "Fucking ow!" She cusses as she tries to shake the pain from her hand. Kevin tries to take a look at it but Kirstie brushes him off, instead jabbing Jeremy in the chest with her other hand. "How dare you! Who the fuck do you think you are? Trying to steal her! Trying to take her from us!" She gets louder, angrier. "You are a piece of shit, your shitty scum, you're not worth anything you stupid loser!" She shoves him back, wincing at her wrist. Her anger is getting the better of her, her words losing punch as she keeps going, and she knows that but she just wants to insult him more because he deserves that.
     Jeremy still says nothing, does nothing, he doesn't even hold his bleeding nose, and he doesn't try to avoid the slap that rings across his cheek either. But Avi steps up to stop Kirstie hitting him again, and hurting her wrist again, he knows Kirstie: she wants to hit Jeremy, but it won't make her feel better in the long run.
      Marcia watches the rest of the scene unfold from her Grandfather's arms, she hides a little in the crook of his neck until she sees that Dad is calming Mom down and she's not going to hit Mr Lewis again.
     "He may have taken her, but he did bring her back," Avi tells Kirstie, wiping her tears away with his thumbs and brushing her hair back.
      "Is it true that you took her?" Josh asks Jeremy, slowly reaching towards his own back pocket.
      "Yeah I did, but I brought her back, you don't need to call the cops, I'm leaving," Jeremy says.
     "No I don't need to call the cops," Josh nods and still takes from his pocket what he is reaching for. "I am a cop," he shows Jeremy his badge.
     Jeremy's jaw clenches in frustration then gives in, "I probably deserve this," he sighs in defeat.
     Kirstie and Avi say nothing as Jeremy is lead to Josh's car, as he's about to be put in the back seat he speaks.
     "Wait," he presses against the top of the car so that Josh can't push him in. "Kirstie, I told her the truth but she didn't believe me and I'm sorry for everything, the court case and this and even leaving you way back when, I'm so sorry," he lets Josh put him in the car.
    "He told her," Kirstie barely whispers, she clasps Avi's arm, her grip getting tighter. "Fuck."
     Avi hears her but doesn't reply. Jeremy said that she didn't believe him, could it be true? Still though she's heard someone say that he isn't her dad, that is now forever going to be in her head whether she believes it or not. Avi feels tears brimming again, but they can wait, Marcia doesn't need to see him cry right now, he's not ashamed to cry, he just shouldn't right now. Marcia's happy so he's happy, and Jeremy's probably going to jail, so that'll make everyone happy.

A/N: Is this the last we're gonna see of Jeremy?

Gonna be real honest with you guys, a while ago I mentioned one of my stories was gonna be coming to an end soon, so ahhh... hope you enjoy the third to last chapter of this story right here XD  

Hannah