Oh Ma Gosh

A/N: I would have updated sooner but then I went back and added another section in and now it's 2,626 words long :o Opps...

Anyway this chapter is for TNM123 (for some reason it won't let me tag you on my laptop :P)

Chapter 5

For once Marcia was allowed to walk ahead of the pram, or as it were today, prams, as in two. Aurelia and Bella were in the double and Giselle is in the single, since for a change Bella wasn't being the fussy one. Avi had panicked for a moment that maybe they'd accidentally switched two of them, then Giselle threw something at him and they knew they were good, Bella was just having a good day.
       But Marcia was carrying a plate of cookies that she was carefully watching as she walked, she was so excited to get her task that she hadn't taken her eyes off them since. It is the day of the School Fundraiser and Marcia was too excited, she'd woken Kirstie and Avi up at five am, the event didn't start till ten. The worst part was Marcia had managed to get each one of the triplets out of their cribs and place them on her mom and dad's bed without them noticing, it wasn't until all four of their daughters were in the room and Aurelia let out an almighty wail when she couldn't crawl past her dad's legs, that Kirstie and Avi woke up because that baby noise had been far too close for comfort. Because yeah Aurelia could basic crawl now and she was getting too quick too fast, it wouldn't be long until the other two started mimicking her because that was just how it worked.
     Avi pushes the double pram and Kirstie the single, but she was constantly checking on Avi seeing as he had the rest of the baked goods stacked on the hood of the pushchair he was in charge of. The last thing Kirstie wanted was for her cake to topple, she'd be beyond pissed, but it was fine, it was in a cake saver and absolutely fine. The occasional check-up was officially a mom thing.
     "Marrrrsharrrr!" they hear almost immediately as they walk in through the gates. And there was Jake in an unnaturally bright green shirt, with his two older sisters Michelle and Brittany, Leo was just a little way behind them with his phone to his ear and his back to his children, he was dressed same as always, aka not necessarily appropriate for a family fun day.
      Jake runs up to hug Marcia but she steps back, eyes wide, "Hold up Jake! I gots a verrrry impotant job right now," she looks down at her cookies.
     "Oh ma gosh those cookies look the most best!" Jake exclaims.
     "They for a sale, we can't eat them," Marcia tells him seriously.
      "We'll come back and see you once we've dropped everything off okay Jake?" Kirstie tells him with a smile she continues on.
     "See you soon!" Marcia calls as she follows after the pushchairs.

A couple of hours later and Avi is just getting ready to take his turn in the dunk tank, which he still wasn't thrilled about. He'd worn his board shorts and an old t-shirt down the fun day and at least he had a change of clothes in Kirstie's bag, jeans and a flannel because what else. Marcia and Jake were near the front of the que, waiting their turn and Kirstie gave him a quick good luck kiss before he went in, sitting on the little bench.
     Kirstie walks back to where Jake's sisters were with the pram's those two were obsessed with the babies and each of them were enjoying pushing the pram's, taking some of the stress off Avi and Kirstie. Unfortunately Leo had had to take off and had asked Kirstie and Avi if they'd watch Jake and the girls. Michelle is 13 and Brittany is 10, there was quite an age gap between them and Jake and it was noticeable when they interacted more than anything, the girls would much rather hang out with each other than their little brother. And now the girls only wanted to hang with Aurelia, Bella and Giselle, which wasn't too bad by Kirstie because pushing a pram in this weather was hot work. She was starting to regret her choice in outfit, despite that her two new helpers had called her pretty, Michelle having gone as far as saying that Kirstie was probably the best looking mom in the school (majorly boosting Kirstie's day). She wished she had worn shorts, and maybe not such a flowy blouse with sleeves, she wished she didn't have sleeves: it didn't matter that they were sheer. The heels were fine though, she could live in these shoes, they were by far the most comfortable pair of heels she had ever owned.
     They watched failed attempt after failed attempt to get Avi in the water. Kirstie noted every time a kid went to aim, Avi tensed up. Jake even got real close, missing by a mere inch, that was also by far Avi's worst flinch and Kirstie laughed at everyone. Marcia missed and she was very disappointed, coming back over to her mom with a pout.
     "Can we go buy a treat, cause I'm sad," she sticks her bottom lip out further, this always worked on her dad, but mom was a little tougher.
     But she gave in, "Fine, go and get some hot chips, this is enough to buy a pot for all of you, you, Jake, Brittany and Michelle." She almost hands the money to Marcia then thinks better of it.
     "Our dad gave us some money," Michelle pipes up.
     "It's okay sweetheart you girls are doing such a good job of helping me with the triplets that this is your treat," Kirstie smiles and hands the money to Michelle.
     "Thank you," Brittany and Michelle chorus as they run off with Marcia and Jake.
      Kirstie turns back to watch her husband in the dunk tank, he still hadn't gone in and she had to wonder if parents were allowed to give it a try because she would love to. She wasn't a bad shot and in all honesty she thought it would be hilarious if he went in.
     So she waited until the children were back and eating their hot chips quietly on the bench and went and lined up, if they said no she had the 'oh come on he's my husband this'll be hilarious' line running through her head. Kirstie got to the point where she paid and they let her and soon enough she was at the front of the line watching the smug smirk fall right off Avi's face.
     Marcia, Jake, Michelle and Brittany all stand on the bench seat so they can see, Marcia is again far too excited, her mom always got the bath toys in the net that had to mean dad was going in the water.
      And Avi knew it, the look on his face proved it.
      Kirstie got three balls given to her and was told she had to stand a little further back, no problem. She threw the first one and hit it, but not hard enough, she glared at the target and Avi let out a sigh of relief. So Kirstie took aim again and before he knew it Avi splashed down, water coming up over the edge of the tank and covering the pavement around it.
     She blows her husband a kiss then struts back over to the cheering children with high fives all around.