"She Wouldn't Know To Fake Sick Yet Would She?"

A/N: Sorry for the wait, I literally didn't touch my laptop for the past three days, nonetheless, here's your chapter Tara :)

Chapter 10:

Kirstie had been talking on the phone with Rosalie for the past two weeks. Kirstie and Avi were finally going to meet her now that she was back in state. She had been in New York with a client, and a court case, and she won, very promising.
     Today while she was on the phone she had to try a little harder to concentrate on discussing the meeting place because she was watching her daughters. Just as they'd predicted Bella and Giselle started mimicking Aurelia and now they were crawling too. But right now all three were trailing behind Marcia and she is starting to get annoyed with them. At first she thought it was funny but now she just wanted to be left alone, the poor girl was coming down with a cold and just wanted to get a cookie in peace.
     Aurelia crawls into a corner-edge of the wall, knocking her head, she starts crying so Kirstie takes that as her que to start wrapping up her conversation.
     "Rose I have to go, one of the girls is upset. Could we maybe just meet here? Better for me not to have to wrangle the triplets."
     "That's fine," the reply comes from the other end. "I'll be over shortly."
     "Thank you, see you soon," she hangs up and places her phone on the bench. This wasn't the first time Aurelia had clipped a corner, or reached left when the thing she was trying to grab was on her right and vice versa. She entirely missed Avi's beard when she went for the pull the other day. Kirstie and Avi were starting to think she needed to get her eyes checked; they were just worried though, because how do you get a baby's eyes checked? She can't read.
     Kirstie scoops the baby in blue up into her arms and kisses the top of her head, "You're alright sweetie," she coos as she starts pacing with her. Giselle and Bella gather at her feet and so she has to stop pacing, bouncing her baby instead.
     There is a knock at the door and Kirstie inwardly groans. "Who is it?" she asks because it'd be easier if she didn't have to move.
     "It's only me, but my hands are full of groceries," Avi calls back.
     "I'm surrounded by babies, I think I win," she laughs, cautiously stepping over one of them, Bella probably, the yellow and green today were pretty pale. She opens the door for her husband, thankful that Aurelia has stopped crying.
     "Martian! Come and help me with the groceries," he says loudly.
     "She's not feeling great," Kirstie sighs, trying to keep the two on the floor away from the open door with her feet.
     "That's no good," he replies as he walks into the kitchen, putting the grocery bags on the bench.
     "She reckons her throat is scratchy," Kirstie adds as Avi walks back into the room and picks up the other two, one in each arm, facing out so they couldn't get at his beard. He carries them over to the playpen, Kirstie follows him and the put all three down in there.
     "Okay, well are we sure that's not just because you're picking your mom and Graycie up from the airport tomorrow?"
     Kirstie frowns, "She wouldn't know to fake sick yet would she?"
     "Well she really wanted to go with you to pick them up."
     "She did didn't she," Kirstie's brow furrows further. "But we told her that she had to go to school, that she'd see them when she got home."
      Avi nods, "So I'm not currently convinced she's sick, but I'll have a chat to her later, see how's she's feeling none the less," he says leaning in to give Kirstie a quick kiss on the cheek.
     "Sure," she nods and follows him out the door to collect more of the groceries, the kids would be fine for 20 seconds.
     And of course they were, Kirstie and Avi walk back in with their arms full and not a baby has shed a tear, they'd call that a win.
     "I'll get the last lot and you can start sorting since I know how you get when anyone else puts something in the wrong spot," she giggles."
     "I don't get like anything," Avi frowns.
     "So if I took... these carrots," she picks up the bag and backs towards the fridge, "And put them away for you," she opens the fridge that was practically taken over by baby food now. She puts the carrots on a shelf and shuts the fridge, turning to Avi's look of horror.
     "Kirstin there is a veggie draw for a reason: that is where they go."
     "Like that, you get like that!" She points at him with laughter.
     He shakes his head, "I'm not like anything, it's called a veggie draw, it's in the name, that is where we put them," he strides over to the fridge and fixes the problem.
     "I'm going to put this tin of spaghetti away," she picks it up and opens the cupboard. She places it in front of the canned fruit.
     Avi immediately steps up behind her and slides it across into an empty spot. "That is tinned fruit, tinned meals go over there," he points. "This is not getting like anything, this is organisation. Food deserves to be organised and veggies hidden, simple."
      They stare at each other for a good couple of minutes, doing nothing but staring, and waiting, waiting for the other to break. They weren't mad, they weren't angry, they just did this from time to time, it really started when they were potty training Marcia. To discipline for pooping on the carpet or not to discipline, then who had to clean it up? When it came to stare downs Avi was very good at not blinking but Kirstie had beyond mastered the "mom look." So Kirstie always won baby matters but Avi had yet to lose a food battle.
     That being said, Kirstie turns and goes back to the car to get the rest of the groceries.
     Avi silently fist pumps before getting on with his task.

...

Rosalie was there within the hour, and by god is she beautiful. Tall and statuesque, her blonde hair falls perfectly and her make-up is flawless. And the way she holds herself, she is not a woman to be messed with, Jeremy is screwed.
     The tall blonde woman sits elegantly on the armchair that Kirstie and Avi sit on the sofa opposite. The folder she had clasped in her hand stays closed; she already knew everything she needed to. Today she is just meeting the people she'll be representing; she just wants to get to know the couple behind the case.
      "I love your shoes," Kirstie tells her with a smile.
     Rosalie crosses her long legs to glance at her little boots, even though she knew exactly what shoes she was wearing, "Thank you," she smiles back. They are very high shoes, not that Rosalie needs them, she is almost as tall as Avi without them. "I love shoes," she adds as an afterthought the best way to get to know your clients is to share a little info with them too.
     "Oooo, me too," Kirstie all but sings.
     Rosalie chuckles, "My husband is in a constant state of 'why?' about them, but it's my money, my choice he can grow a pair, quit his whining and get over it."
     Kirstie nods slowly, "Yeah, Avi doesn't mind so much," she pats his knee and he smiles.
     "That's good, most men don't get it," she says.
     "Oh no, I don't get it, but I don't mind it, just as long as she doesn't leave them where sticky hands can get them and wreck them, that would be the last we need with the amount some of them cost," Avi jokes, nodding.
     "Or Olaf," Kirstie adds.
     "Oh yeah, not him, but he's not as bad as the girls are honestly," he chuckles.
     "Olaf?" Rosalie raises an eyebrow.
     "Our dog," Kirstie says. "Unfortunately though he's more of an outside dog now, he tends to play bowling with the babies," she explains with a half laugh, she hated that that was the case now, they let him into sleep but still.
     "Oh cute, we have a dog too. Madame's only little though, entirely unable to bowl even a baby over," she chuckles.
     "What is she?" Kirstie asks.
     "A Yorkshire Terrier," Rosalie nods, "What's Olaf?"
     "He's a Siberian Husky."
     "How old is he?"
     "Old, he's eight, practically middle-aged, poor boy. How old is Madame?"
     "She's three," Rosalie nods. "Emmett wanted a big dog because he's a big person but I wanted a little one so we got a little one," she smiles knowingly.
     Avi and Kirstie exchange a 'we like her' look then turn back to Rosalie with bright smiles.

A/N: Hope you liked :)

Hannah.