F O U R T Y - F I V E

Beginne am Anfang

Mary pulls Dean into her arms and he bends into her hug willingly. Her face is one of relief and joy. Dean looks like he is fighting not to cry. Mary pulls out of the hug and looks into Dean's face. Her smile slides away as she realizes something is wrong. Dean just stares at his mother, tears in his eyes.

"Dean...where's Sam?", she asks and looks at Jeremiah who had tears brimming his eyes, avoiding her gaze. " Where's your sister? Where's Zenja?"

A single tear falls from Dean's eye and he has to look away for a second. His lips tremble, but he is unable to say anything. Mary's face falls as she realizes what Dean's silence and tears mean.

>•<

JACK KLINE KNEW something was wrong, he just didn't know what it was. He was in the middle of a battle with other angles when suddenly his body started feeling like knives had been embedded into his skin, only to vanish seconds later. He thought nothing of it, thinking the angels were behind his sudden pain. He still won the battle and placed the thought at the back of his mind and was replaced with victory.

He was in the middle of talking to Niki and Leo when suddenly, a loud commotion erupted from the entrance of the camp. He furrows his brows and stands up to check what it was all about. His face brightened when he saw his father—Castiel, walk beside Mary. He quickly walks towards them with a big grin on his face.

" Y-You're here!", he states looking over the group of unfamiliar faces. He realised Sam was nowhere to be seen and went to say something about it until his eyes caught Jeremiah's, making him furrow his brows in confusion.

" Jeremiah? What are you doing back?", he questions before searching around for a certain blonde.

" Where's Zenja?", he asks looking at him straight in the eye. Jeremiah gives him a sorrowful look and looks down, hiding his tears.

" I'm so sorry, Jack...", he whispered, his voice wavering from the sobs raking up his throat.

Jack furrows his brows and looks at Dean for answers, but the eldest Winchester stared down at him grief stricken look on his face.

" Jack...", Cas started but Jack shakes his head, hoping he wasn't going to say what he thinks he was going to say.

" No...", he mutters, tears brimming up his eyes.

Castiel looks at him sorrowfully. " Jack, she's gone...I'm sorry."

Jack shakes his head in disbelief. " No. I—she's coming back. S-She's not dead. She can't be.", he stammers as rebel tears rolled down his cheeks.

Cas sighs. " Jack—"

" No!", he roars. " She's not dead...she's not—she can't...", his breathing started to get uneven and his heart pounded on his chest. His eyes glowed golden as he tried to use their mind-link, but to no avail.

" No, no, no...", his lips trembled when he realises he couldn't feel their bond anymore. It felt like a part of his soul was ripped away along with her. He didn't know what he was feeling...Anger? Despair? Grief? Madness? Everything just came barrelling in, the moment Cas said those two words.

She's gone...

A sob erupted from his throat and his knees buckled involuntarily from the empty feeling in his soul.