S E V E N

7| T A L K S

THEY WERE NOW back inside the motel, her brothers and Donatello were discussing what happened back at the tattoo shop

THEY WERE NOW back inside the motel, her brothers and Donatello were discussing what happened back at the tattoo shop. Jack was sitting quietly on the couch as he listened in to their conversation.

"It was a reflex. He didn't do it on purpose.", Sam defended.

"Who cares if he didn't do it on purpose? He did it. I mean, you didn't see Cas smiting someone every time he got his teeth cleaned.", Dean scoffed.

" Dean...", she warned but as always he ignored her.

"I'm right here, you know.", Jack spoke up but all the boys ignored him. Zen frowned at the men and looked at Jack, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, and what about the vanishing tattoo?", Dean questioned.

"An archangel healed himself.", Donatello replied.

"Another reflex.", Sam tried again.

"Or maybe he didn't want to be warded.", Dean countered.

"Okay, look, yeah, Jack is on Lucifer's family tree. But we don't know if that DNA is stronger than Kelly's, or his connection with Cas."

"Oh, you mean the connection that got Cas killed?"

Zen frowned as they mentioned the late angel. " Jack doesn't have to be evil. We can teach him not to be.", she spoke up.

"Ah. The nature versus nurture conundrum.", Donatello sighs as he rests both of his hands on Zenja's shoulder.

The two brothers glared at the prophet, their protectiveness towards her was clear as day.

"Hey."
"Dude."
" Hands off."

The Winchester trio stated simultaneously and Donatello puts his hand down.

"Oh. Speaking not as a prophet but as a scientist, I don't think teaching him is in the cards.
It's like asking a lion not to be a lion.", He tries to reason.

"But this is not a lion! This is a human!", Sam states angrily.

"With a strong dose of God juice.", Donatello added.

" Guys...", Zen says slowly when she realised Jack wasn't in the room anymore, but she was ignored...what was new?

"Okay, that's it. I'm done, all right? 'Cause he's not God, he's not Cas, he's not Simba. He's the friggin' Devil!", Dean snapped as he turns to address Jack but stopped when he realised that he was gone.