6.0

'i can't shake this sinking feeling, i know you're not there and i'm barely breathing.'

(broken pieces - 5 seconds of summer)

-

A.

It was after dark by the time I made my way back to the outdoor venue, alone. I'd spent what felt like hours in search of Harry after I'd let him walk away from me. 

I wasn't sure I'd even processed it yet - the whole situation that had gone down. Ken had crashed Celia's wedding - and her son had been there. Her son was real, and she'd brought him to the wedding in secret and stowed him in the back row. Had she just really wanted her newly-discovered son to be there without the complications of explaining it to the remainder of her family? 

The picture still burned in my mind - Harry's face when he'd realised the very lie I'd been keeping from him - the way his hardened expression had fallen into one of hurt and betrayal, as he tore his eyes from me and stormed away. He'd struggled to even face me, as I desperately begged him to do so - and nothing would describe the way his eyes had met mine - the indescribable pain, and anger his irises possessed. 

"Ana!" Liam's voice broke me from my thoughts, as he thundered towards me, "oh my God, are you okay? Where's Harry, he-"

"Is Celia okay?" I asked quietly and Liam frowned.

"Um.. yes, she's okay. A bit shaken, but - okay.. her and Ben are gonna head down to the courthouse tomorrow," he sighed, before asking me again, "are you okay?"

I began to nod my head, before slowly beginning to shake it. I wasn't okay, and I couldn't seem to hide it, "I don't know where Harry is.. he left, and, uh- I'm-" I didn't realise I was crying until Liam's face softened, and his arms were pulling me into a tight hug.

"Oh, Ana," he murmured, stroking my hair as I cried into his shoulder, an overwhelming amount of sobs arising in my throat as I couldn't bring myself to speak. All I could do was wind my arms tightly around Liam's neck and cry, desperately and pathetically. "I know this isn't your fault, Ana - Celia told me everything.. you only lied to protect her."

"I still had the choice whether to tell him or not," I sniffed weakly, "Harry is right - him and I are supposed to be a team, and I turned my back on him.." I broke down.

"No, no, you didn't," Liam hushed me, rubbing my back, "Harry will come around, and you can tell him the truth, and-"

"No," I whimpered, "I-I can't do that to Celia.. it isn't her fault. I lied to Harry, and that was my choice."

"Ana," Liam sighed, "you can't blame yourself for everything that goes wrong in this family."

"But this I can," I shook my head, "I broke Harry's trust, and that's something I'm gonna have to deal with.."

"Don't be an idiot, Ana," Liam rolled his eyes, though I knew that was merely his way of trying to prompt me, "we go back to Seattle tomorrow and we graduate in a couple days.. he'll be back after he cools off, and you can figure this out."

I opened my mouth to speak, but then snapped it shut again, choosing simply to nod my head. 

"Ana!" another voice came towards us, and I groaned internally, simply wanting to be alone right now.

"Hey, Gemma," I shot a weak smile in her direction as she rushed towards me, throwing her arms around me.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly, and I frowned.

"You're asking if I'm okay?" I asked in disbelief as I widened my eyes at her. Gemma had just found out she had an older brother, yet she was checking on me?