1.6

'yeah we burn and we crashed, always thought it would last.'

(closure - jack & jack)

-

"Are you sure you want to go tonight?" Tasha asked anxiously, as I glanced over my shoulder before turning back to the mirror.

"It was your idea," I countered running my hand through the loose curls in my hair, "originally."

"I know, I just.." she sighed, wandering over to my record player that sat collecting dust on the window sill, "I just didn't plan for you to go apeshit on Sadie," she mused, picking up a record from the stack, "Fleetwood Mac?"

My breath hitched in my throat, and I forced myself to clear it.

"Fleetwood Mac," he read audibly this time, turning to lock eyes with me, "You like them?"

"When I was younger, I did, yeah," I smiled, jumping down from my spot on the table, walking to stand beside Harry, "It's been a while since I've listened to them, though."

"Mm," Harry hummed, sliding the vinyl from its packaging and laying it onto the platter, and lowering the needle onto it, flicking the switch for the music to play.

As the first note sounded, I let my head fall back with a wide smile growing on my face, and instantly I felt the most relaxed I had in weeks.

"I love this song so much," I laughed, as the grin grew on Harry's face, the song building, Harry playfully belting out some of the notes while I continued to laugh.

"Dance with me," I told him, using his shirt to pull him closer to me as I grinned.

He blew out a breath, stiffening up slightly under my touch, "I don't dance, Ana Grace."

"You do now," I continued to grin.

"No, I don't."

"Harry Styles, dance with me right now."

Harry blew out another breath, a smile breaking through his sigh as he wound his arm around my waist, relaxing into my touch now, "Okay, Ana Grace, okay."

I wrapped my arms around myself, the memory of only a month ago when Harry had lazily thrown his arms around me, stumbling over his own feet several times as we danced to the music, muttering something about 'two left fucking feet'.

"Yeah, they're good," I swallowed, while all Tasha did was shrug, shoving it back into the stack.

"Old people stuff," she chuckled, walking over to stand behind where I was sat, the two of us looking into the mirror, "you look insane."

"Is that a good thing?" I laughed uneasily, tilting my head.

"Insanely good, I meant," she laughed in return, "you ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I shrugged, grabbing my phone and my keys and shoving them into the pocket of my jacket. 

Tasha drove us to the party, and since it was only a few blocks away, we were there within a few minutes.

Tasha turned to me as she stopped the engine, "We'll stick together, alright?" 

That promise was broken more or less as soon as we made it inside the party - the crowd was moving quickly, and within moments I was on one side of the room and I presumed Tasha was on the other.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself, knowing it was now unlikely I'd see her again tonight. I knew how these parties went.

I headed over to what looked like the kitchen, and poured myself a drink. I was planning to get drunk - I deserved some fun.