1.5

'nothing has changed since yesterday, i still adore you.'

(talk about forever - mabel mcvey)

-

"So," Tasha spoke suddenly, breaking the silence between the two of us which had lingered at our table, "are you going to tell me where you've been the past couple of days?"

I sighed, stabbing my fork into a piece of lettuce. It was Friday, and after staying home on Wednesday - I'd decided to stay home on Thursday too. I slept, then - having not slept at all Wednesday, and I felt a lot better, and figured it was about time I stopped living in my own misery, and went back to school.

"I was home," I said honestly, as Tasha shot me a look.

"Look, I might not know you that well, but I'm not an idiot," she raised her eyebrow, and I shrugged, pushing my food around my plate.

"Mmhm," I hummed in response, and I felt a sharp kick under the table, "What the hell?"

"Stop being a miserable bitch and tell me what happened," she commanded, and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing happened," I insisted, "I was sick. A migraine."

"Where's Harry?" she asked suddenly, "Haven't seen him around school since Tuesday either."

She must've noticed the look on my face and the way I took my lip awkwardly between my teeth, because her eyes suddenly widened.

"Harry.." she trailed off, "you broke up."

"We were never together," I frowned, looking up at her now.

"Sure, not officially," she rolled her eyes, "but you were. What did he do?"

"Will you shut up if I tell you?" I asked rudely.

"I'll consider it," she grinned, and I sighed.

"Tuesday night he got drunk, and high, and then I caught him about to fuck some girl.." I trailed off, blinking back the tears that had began to form in my eyes. Fuck's sake. "And then he said some things.."

"Things?" she pushed gently, placing her hand over mine.

"He told me he hated me.. and that we would never, ever be together. And that I shouldn't have even tried to 'change him'," I swallowed, exhaling deeply to try and fight back the tears threatening to fall.

"Oh, Ana.." her face dropped, a sympathetic look on it, "I'm so sorry."

"Please don't be sorry.." I bit my lip, "I had it coming eventually."

"What an asshole," she huffed, moving a piece of hair from her face, "I can't believe he'd say that shit to you. You're amazing, and you deserve so much better than that."

"Thanks," I said quietly, pushing my tray aside, "has he really not been here all week?"

"Nope," she popped the 'p', and I sighed, I needed to stop worrying about him - he'd proved he could handle himself.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore, I'll just.. I need to forget him for now."

"Totally," she nodded understandingly, her eyes searching the room in thought, "I mean, we could go out tonight. There's a huge party at Alex Murphy's house - it'd take your mind off things."

I grimaced, shaking my head, "I think I'll pass - I just need to eat a pint of ice cream tonight and watch a movie, or something." Like you haven't been doing that all week.

"Aw, come on, Ana," she pleaded, "It'll be good for you."

"Not tonight, Tash," I sighed, playing with my fingers, "not tonight," I repeated as we stood up from our table, walking over to the other side of the cafeteria to stack our trays.