The Blue Ninja

Mulai dari awal

"You're back!?" a woman with short black hair that looks like Kai―Nya, you assume―says as she runs down the stairs to you and the Ninja. She runs to Kai and hugs him tightly.

"Time works differently in the realm we were in. For us it's been several months," Zane explains promptly.

"You left a few days ago in our time," Sensei Wu adds as he walks towards the group of you. "We are glad to have you back."

"What about Damien?" Misako asks.

"He's still out there, but we might know why he kidnapped me," you tell her. You and Jay hand her the things you took from his secret room. "We found these and, well, the crystal glows for me."

"You're an elemental master?" Misako asks as she takes the book, notebook, and crystal.

"Well, not yet, I don't even know what element I could use," you explain.

"Or technically even that you're a master. The crystals have something to do with apprentices as well," Cole adds.

"Elemental apprentices were mentioned? Interesting," Sensei Wu says.

"What is an elemental apprentice?" Lloyd asks.

"Elemental masters have power within them, and, given time and practice, can use that power without an instrument to help them. The five of you are elemental masters because of this. You can use your powers without anything to help you focus them. You used to use the Golden Weapons and Elemental Blades for a time to help you focus your powers as you became more experienced, but they weren't what had the power, it was you that did," Misako starts.

"Elemental apprentices do have power, but a different kind of power. They have the power to use certain objects of power. Some objects can only be wielded by elemental apprentices," Sensei Wu finishes for Misako. "Elemental apprentices are not as well known as elemental masters. They tend to hide their powers. Just as with elemental masters, their powers are hereditary. Families of apprentices typically choose to remain hidden."

"Apprentice is a misleading term. It doesn't mean they're less powerful than masters. Many apprentices could be much more powerful than many masters. It only means where the power is coming from and how it is released," Misako adds.

You nod, all that information going over your head right now. It's not important what the difference is between a master and apprentice right now, not with Damien on the loose. You just want to know what Damien wants with you and how he can be stopped. "The notebook says that based on the colors it glows when I'm by it, I have something to do with empathy."

Sensei Wu nods. "Master of Empathy. Most interesting. I have not heard from your family in many long years."

"Neither have I," you mutter to yourself. "So what does that even mean?"

"You can read and manipulate the emotions of others," Sensei Wu answers.

"Okay then, okay. Do you think Damien knows?" you ask.

"You were unconscious often enough that Damien could have easily used the crystal while you were asleep," Kai points out. "If he has any brains, he knows."

"But why would he want me then? What use does he have for me? I'm sorry, maybe I'm not being creative enough, but I don't see how a Master of Empathy can be used as a weapon or whatever," you continue.

"Do not underestimate yourself," Misako reprimands. "Emotions are powerful. To manipulate them is to manipulate others' actions. Most people act without thinking, only feeling. You can make a calm person enraged enough to fight or make someone too drained to fight."