Grease

Short preview:

"Where you from?" She asked me, her long dark hair flowing in the midsummer breeze. I couldn't help the smile on my face as her interest in me sparked excitement. The same excitement that would boil inside of me every time she said my name or looked my way.

I licked my lips and gazed out over the ocean, eyes hazy and tired from the constant messing around with this girl all day. I shifted my arms against the rusty railing we were leaning against so I could place my lit cigarette between my lips, and chewed on the cotton end.

"You want to know where I'm from? A girl like me?" She nodded her head. "Baby, you would never believe in a million years." I chuckled, inhaling the sweet smoke and letting it flow through my lungs before exiting through my nose. Truth was, I was embarrassed to tell her where I came from.

She giggled cutely, watching me with curiosity as the small beach concert under where we stood played on smoothly. The band 'The Clovers' had always been a favorite of mine, and of course I would never pass up a chance to see them, especially when they were playing where I was vacationing for the summer.

"Devil or Angel, I can't make up my mind. Which one you are, I'd like to wake up and find." I sang quietly along with the band, closing my eyes and trying to focus on the ocean mist against my face and not the beautiful girl next to me.

"Why won't you tell me more about yourself, Y/N?" She asked me. I forced my small frown away and furrowed my eyebrows. I just wanted to enjoy the summer and leave everything behind, even if it was for only three months. This girl was nothing like the girls back home, she was special.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, darling." I spoke, taking another drag off of my cigarette. "Back home it's all cadillac's and mean girls, you wouldn't understand."

"Oh, come on!" She pressed lightly, "We've spent the last few weeks together and still all I know about you is your name, and that you listen to the Clovers." She said softly, her brazen voice like music to my ears.

"Funny right? It's a nice change from all the rock and roll corrupting my brain—" I straightened up and made a crazy face, sticking my tongue out and causing the innocent girl to push my chest as she smiled, amused.

"Didn't know a dolly like you could turn out like such a cube." I teased, looking her in the eye as she rolled her own and tried hard to keep back her laugh.

"You say that and yet I still hang around, you spaz." She bit back, making my laugh turn more into a huff.

"Ah, that's cat to you, baby."

The sun set over us, the sky a mix of red and orange and a horizon that looked wavy in the distance. The sun was hot, but the ocean lowered the temperature, making it a bit colder and explaining why the girl wrapped her yellow sweater jacket tighter around herself.

I watched her focus turn towards the shore, watching the whitecaps froth over and disappear onto the sand bank. I stood up and pulled my red jacket off, rolling my cigarette between my lips as I reached over and wrapped the warm jacket around her shivering arms.

"You need it more then I do, Camila."

She sent me an appreciative smile and moved a little closer to me so our arms touched as we both studied the scenery. I was only wearing a white t-shirt and pants, but just being this close to her warmed me up a bit.

"Love me or leave me, I'll go out of my mind. Devil or Angel, dear whichever you are, I need you, I need you, I need you."

————————————————————————
Comment if you want me to take on this book.