<<Chapter 2>>

The crowd started cheering, clearly expecting a good battle. That girl, Jennie I suppose, was looking at me with a large smirk spread across her face, probably assuming that she was going to win. 

"Ready to lose?" She told me "sweetly". Cocky bitch.

"Not really. You see, I really don't like to lose....No, more like, I really love to win. What about you, are you ready to lose like never before?" I told her, showing her a big, sweet, fake smile, almost as fake as her lashes.

She gasped and looked at me as if she wanted to say something, but it looks like she decided against it because she kept her mouth shut.

The music and light settings were ready and that means the battle is starting. The music started. She was the first one to dance because she was the previous winner. She started dancing. Most of her moves were twerk ones, sexual moves and some popping here and there. She was good.

She finished dancing, meaning it was my turn. Most of my moves were popping and hip hop moves. I was told that my strong point in dance is that I am able to become one with the music. I finished dancing and looked at the crowd.

 While I was trying to catch my breath, I let myself hear the cheering coming from the crowd for the first time since the battle started. Whenever I am in a dance competition or just dance by myself, the only thing I seem to be able to hear is the music. Any other sound just disappears an I am left alone with the music.

The three judges were ready to give the result. All three of them pointed their hand at me, meaning that I have won. I raised my fist in the air and scanned the club. I saw my brother watching me with a proud look on his face, but then, as my eyes continued to scan the club, my eyes settled on the guy that sparked my interest. Our eyes connected and he smiled at me. I blushed slightly and smiled back. I decided to talk to him in a few minutes.

I looked back at Jennie only to see her glaring at me with so much passion and hatred. She should have used that passion to dance instead of glaring at me. 

Anyway, I went and received my medal. Looks like I was the winner of the girls battle. As soon as I got my medal, I went towards that guy. When he sow me walking towards him, his smile grew bigger, while I blushed harder.

I stood in front of him and gave him a big smile which he returned.

"Hi! I'm Jessica!" I told him.

"Hi, Jessica! I'm Alex! It's nice to meet you!" He told me with that beautiful smile on his face. And then, every sound or human in that club seemed to disappear. It was like we were the only ones at that club. That was the moment he become my safe heaven.