Nope

Freddie was rooted to the spot.  Bale was right there with Chloe.  He didn't know if he should run, stay or die.  Damn his sudden need for danger!

Chloe took the decision right out of his hands when she turned and spotted him.  "Freddie!" she waved.  "Over here." Bale was studying his phone while sipping from a mug.

Biting the bullet, Freddie slunk over to her table. Chloe took his hand, gave it a squeeze.

"Daddy," she said.  "This is Freddie."

When Bale looked up, he sprayed out his coffee.  "What the--" he gagged.

"Hello, Professor." Freddie said in a dull tone.  "Nice to meet you, how's life going for you?"

Bale looked at him and Chloe, mouth hung open.  "Chloe, what is this?"

"Freddie, the guy I met at the store, I told you about him." Chloe said while still holding his hand.  "We've talked a few times.  He's really nice."

Bale gave a huge grin.  "Well, isn't that just. . .dandy.  Chloe, sweetie, why don't you go get your old man an Americano? I could use another one."

"Sure, Daddy.  Freddie? You want anything?"

"No thanks."

Chloe pulled him down.  "Have a seat, I'll be right back."

As soon as Chloe went to the counter to place the order, Bale scooted his chair closer to Freddie.  "Alright, you little fucker," he hissed.  "What are you up to, Highmore?"

Freddie gave an innocent look.  "Why whatever do you mean?"

"You know goddamn well what I mean.  You and my little princess? Really?"

"Really." Freddie winked.  It felt good to have the upper hand.

Bale scooted closer until he was nose to nose.  "Listen here, damnit." he glared into Freddie's eyes.  "I would sooner get sodomized by King Kong and eat splooge for life rather than see you with my baby."

"She's a nice girl." Freddie meant that.  Chloe felt like a breath of fresh air, a rare jewel.  "I like her."

Bale took out his wallet.  He removed a few bills and began counting.  "How much?"

"Excuse me?"

"It's the only way to solve a problem, second to a shotgun.  Don't tempt me on that, by the way.  How much for you to not see my daughter, ever."

Freddie looked at the bills, the many large bills.  He thought about the rent and his students loans that kept piling up, and Junior not paying any bills. "No thanks, I'm not for sale."

"Aw come on, Highmore.  Don't be a fool, take this good money.  You'll thank me when they don't cut your electricity off."

"I can't be bought."

"Why not? Everyone else can be.  Come on." Bale was almost pleading.  "I want the best for my daughter and no offense but that ain't you."

Freddie thought about Angela and Cain.  Oh if Bale only knew! He stood up.  ""I will see whoever I like whenever I like.  Good day to you.  May you be cursed with impotency."

"You punk!" Bale hissed.  "This is about that damn F, isn't it?"

As Freddie went down the street he heard Chloe's voice.  "Freddie! Wait!"

Freddie stopped until Chloe caught up.  "Where's your father?"

"He's still in there."  She looked up at him.  "Did Daddy say something to you?"