Bad Day Keeps Coming

Freddie jumped out of the way just in time. He landed right onto the side of the road, smacking his face against the pavement. He noticed people continue to walk by him as if he were invisible. Of course. Fuck his life!

"Oh my God!" a woman's voice screamed, followed by high heels running towards him. "Are you okay? Oh my God, I am so sorry!"

Right in front of him were silver high heels and red painted toes. He managed to look up to find a pair of rather long legs attached. He moved up and found a most attractive woman bending over him.

"Are you okay?" she kept asking. "I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you like that."

She helped Freddie sit up. Freddie carefully moved his arms and legs. Nothing was broken or hurt badly, just a sore arm. "I'm good."

"You're bleeding," the lady pointed at his head.

Freddie could feel it, the small trickle flowing on his cheek. Where did that come from? He tried to wipe it off but the lady stopped him.

"I live just up the street," she said. "Why don't you come to my place and I'll take care of you? I'm Angela."

"Freddie." He let Angela help him to his feet. He was a little wobbly but fine as he followed her to her car.

Angela lived in the fancy condos near the campus. Freddie was impressed. Nice. If he ever had some money he could live here someday. Angela talked on the way about visiting her husband at the college, something about him working there. Must be one of the teachers.

He sat in the living room while Angela fussed over him. She fixed him a drink. "Best medicine."

After taking a good swig, Freddie began to feel more relaxed. He definitely needed that drink. Would it be bad manners to ask for a refill? Then Angela leaned in close to wipe his face. So close in fact that her low cut top was right in his face.

"Feel better?" Angela asked while slowly wiping his face with a soft towel.

Fuck yeah, he felt great. He was practically drowning in her cleavage. Damn!

Angela continued wiping his face. "There won't be any scars. I would hate to see one on that cute face of yours." She smiled at him.

Was she coming on to him? She was married said his conscience. So damn what, his crotch replied.

Angela put the cloth down but continued to lean over him. "I think you're feeling better," she said, running a finger along his chest. "I can make you feel amazing."

Don't get wood, he kept saying to himself. Don't get wood don't get wood don't get wood.

Angela straddled his lap. Oh fuck!

"Wow!" Angela bounced a little. "You recover well."

"I can't." Freddie blurted out. "I'm running late for. . a. . .a. . .thing."

Angela pouted a little. "Aww, really? You don't have a few minutes to spare? Don't you want me?"

He wanted, he wanted. If she stayed on his lap any longer he was soon going to be done. "I really can't." he croaked. "I'm sorry. You're married and I have a girlfriend."

Angela shrugged. "And?"

"I can't, I can't."

Angela didn't seem mad. She climbed off of Freddie. He stood and covered his tent with his coat and book bag. She was leaning over and writing something on a slip of paper before handing it to him.

"I think we can have a great time," she said, placing the paper in his hand. "Call me when you change your mind. You won't be sorry." She kissed him lightly on his lips. "You're such a good boy. Let's see how bad you can get."

Freddie stuffed the paper into his pocket, then hobbled out of her place and down to the coffee shop where he was meeting Jenna. He had to take the long way of walking until his condition disappeared.

Jenna was sitting at their booth sipping her usual latte. She barely glanced up from her phone. "You're late, Freddie." she said as soon as he sat down.

This pissed Freddie off big time. "Hello to you too, babe. How was your day? Great, my day was absolute shit, thanks for asking." He sighed. "Damn, I need a drink."

"I've been waiting ten minutes." Jenna said. "Ten. I don't do the wait around."

"Oh, sorry you had to wait," Freddie kept the sarcasm coming. "I got a little busy getting a fucking F on my paper, getting insulted by my douche teacher. And if that wasn't enough, hey, I almost got hit by a car and had to fall on the road to avoid being road kill, just so I can make it here to see you."

"Freddie."

"Hope you haven't suffered these past ten minutes."

"We need to talk, Freddie."

Oh crap, Freddie thought. The "We Need To Talk." Well she couldn't be pregnant since all they've ever done was finger each other. So what else was there?

"Freddie," Jenna said, looking him in the eye. "I think we need to break up."

There it was, the perfect trifecta. "Why?"

Jenna sighed. "It's not you, it's me. I feel we don't have a strong connection with each other. We owe it to ourselves to explore our options, to try new things. . ."

Freddie felt his stomach turn as Jenna's words stabbed him repeatedly. "You're dumping me?"

Jenna took Freddie's hand and held it. "Freddie, you're a really nice guy. You're so sweet and good."

"There it is again," Freddie said. "Bale said the same thing. Is that a new crime now? Being good? You're dumping me for being good?"

"Any girl would be lucky to have you. We just don't have the passion anymore."

"What passion? We never even gone all the way."

"We were saving it."

"For when, the Apocalypse? I begged for it."

"Sorry."

Freddie thought about Angela. She was so hot, and she wanted him. Him! She would have done things to him that he only imagined. Yet he just had to be the good boy and turned that down, for Jenna. Jenna who ended up dumping him. What has two thumbs and no sense? This guy.

"We can still be friends," Jenna said. "I'll always be here for you."

Wait, did she know about Angela? "Have you heard something about me?"

"What? Like what?"

"Never mind." Freddie sighed. "So what about dinner at Mom's?"

"Oh I can't make it. I have to go to a poetry reading with the girls. You can tell her what happened." Jenna stood up and grabbed her purse. She bent over to kiss Freddie on the cheek. "Good luck with your life, Freddie."

Freddie sat there in his booth, his heart once again landing into his gut. He couldn't believe it. His girl dumped him. Seriously? They were in love. How did this happen?

Fuck a duck!