Chapter Five

Chapter Five- 

Raegan had the day off, but instead of going out and relaxing, she was at the location her clients wanted their house to be built on. She walked around the land that was about the size of a football field. The grass was well groomed and a lively green and there were a few trees in the area and Raegan hoped that Mr. and Mrs. Collins would keep them there instead of getting rid of them. She had a good idea for a wooden wrap-around bench to surround the large oak tree in what would be considered the back yard. It would be a nice place to relax and enjoy the view of the pond that wasn't too far from it. 

The neighborhood was a quiet one with large, spacious amounts of land for the residents to build or remodel on. It was perfect for a socialite like Brenda Collins, who loved to have the latest and best of everything. Since they were her first clients, Raegan wanted their house to perfect for them and for it to meet their every want and need. 

She was mentally picturing different ways she could design the floor plans when her phone buzzed in the back pocket of her denim shorts. Lifting her sunglasses from her eyes and running them to the top of her head, she took her phone out to see that she had a phone call from Mr. Lubbock. 

"Hello?" she answered, wondering why he was calling her so randomly. 

"What are you doing today?" the voice wasn't Mr. Lubbock's, but it sounded familiar. 

"Um, who is this?" she asked, her face scrunching up in confusion. 

"Mr. Lubbock. Did you delete my number? I'm hurt." 

"No you aren't." she challenged. "If don't tell me who you are I'm hanging up." 

"Technically, I am Mr. Lubbock." he admitted. "I just don't prefer formalities." 

"Ah, Ericson." she said, shaking her head at her boss's brother. 

"Eric." he corrected. "So, answer my question." 

"Why do you have your brother's phone?" she countered. 

"You can't answer my question with a question!" he sighed. "But fine, Jason is 

She tapped her finger against her phone and his original question came to mind. 

"Um, nothing. Just sketching up some plans for a client..... why?" she asked hesitantly. 

"I'm taking you out for lunch." he said simply. 

"Why?" she asked. 

"Because I want to." 

"Is Mr. Lubbock going?" she asked, trying to not to sound too excited. 

"Nope."  she couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. "Do you want him to?"

"Nope." she replied. 

"Great, meet me at La Madeleine at 2." 

Raegan ended the call and looked at the time. It was currently one in the afternoon so she'd have to get going soon if she wanted to get there on time. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When she got to the quaint french cafe she looked around for Eric. He was sitting at a table towards the back of the bulding, casualy waving his hands to get her attention. She grabbed a menu as she walked over to the table, and sat down across from him and sighed. 

"So, why am I here?" she asked, skipping the small talk that she was sure was coming. 

"Wow. You're such a great conversationalist. I feel like I could talk to you for hours." he said, his voice dripping in sarcasm and his eyes rolling behind his dark shades.