Chapter Three

Credit goes to TaurusBlue for the cover! Thank you :D

Chapter Three-

While Raegan loved the sound of a quiet, peaceful home, she also loved the hustle and bustle of the office. It kept her sane and put her in the mood to work. If she stayed late at the office or worked from home, she had to have music or some kind of noise going on around her or she just wouldn't be able to focus on her work. Being apart of a big family, she had to get used to studying in the midst of chaos. 

But the grating sound of Bryson's voice irritated her like no other. 

Bryson finally decided that he would contribute to his share of the work, more than likely due to the scrutiny of Mr. Lubbock and the upcoming projects. Raegan was used to doing the work alone and, the perfectionist that she was, she preferred it that way. But even if Raegan had to share her workload with someone, she would never pick Bryson. His work ethic wasn't the problem. Bryson Andrews could accomplish great things when he put his mind to it. But he didn't know when to just close his mouth and work. Especially since everything that he spewed out was aimed to belittle her in any way possible. 

Just ignore him and maybe he'll get bored and go away. Raegan thought to herself even though she was just itching to give him a piece of her mind. Bryson was good, but she was positive that she was better. 

If Mr. Lubbock set it up so that only one of them would be promoted, Raegan would be way more competitive and less lenient with Bryson's trash talk. But they were both getting promoted, so there was no point in stooping down to her co-worker's level. So if that meant letting him drag her name in the dirt, then so be it. Raegan was done talking with words. Bryson would be speechless when her project wiped the floor with his. 

She'd long since finished her shared work with Bryson and if he wasn't so busy talking to her, he would probably be done by now too. Still ignoring him as his voice served as her background noise, she faced her computer and started researching a few things about Mr. and Mrs. Collins, her new clients. It helped Raegan get a feel of what they would like in their house before she even met them. She liked to be prepared for anything they'd dish out for her, and she would also be armed with a few suggestions of her own. 

In her research, she discovered that Brenda and Dillan Collins were the polar opposites of each other. While Brenda was an outgoing, well-known socialite who loved to attend parties and charity functions, her husband was more reserved and dabbled in computer science. And by dabbled, she meant that he owned multiple information technology companies. They were both about middle aged and while they didn't have any children, Raegan made a note that they would need a spacious home to host parties and a separate garage to cater to Mr. Collin's collection of cars. While he was reserved compared to his wife, the man seemed to love fast cars. Feeling, more secure about the meeting tonight, she smiled to herself but quickly remembered that she had an audience. And that was enough to ruin her good mood. 

"Bryson?" she asked, interrupting whatever complaint he was currently in the middle of. "I'm done with my work and I'm sure you wouldn't mind finishing yours in your own office, would you? I'd like to eat lunch some time soon." 

He looked put out for a second at the thought of being dismissed. But only for a second. He quickly recovered and armed himself with a look of arrogance. 

"You're right, Raegan. Your company was beginning to bore me. I just didn't want to make you feel bad by leaving you. I'll get going now though." he said and Raegan fought the urge to laugh at him. She was fine with her company boring him. She wasn't exactly aiming to entertain him in the first place. 

"Thank you for your kindness." she said with a false smile on her face. He nodded before leaving her office with his chin in the air. Raegan rolled her eyes at his dramatic nature and gathered her things. She walked outside of her office and smiled at Kristina as she waited for her to finish a call that she was in the middle of.