"Tell me, Emma, have you ever studied the limits of the human body? Have you ever wondered how much your body can take before it completely shuts down?" Vladimir asked nonchalantly while picking up an unopened bottle of water, his eyes on the liquid.
I didn't answer, just stared at the bottle like he was doing.

His face turned to me

Then he twisted the cap and started pouring the water all over my body, the cold liquid soaking me to the bone. I couldn't help but gasp when he finished pouring it on my face and some went up my nose and mouth causing me to have coughing fit

"What the fuck!"

There came a hard slap.

I was frozen, my wide eyes meeting his. What the fuck was going on...

"Watch that mouth before I ruin it" he mumbled, putting the empty bottle on the table.

After a moment of silence, he stepped away from the table and started pacing. Back and forth over and over.

He was mental. There was no other explanation for this

"It's a cold night, Emmaline. It's about forty-six degrees outside. Do you know what this means?" he asked, and I swallowed.

That it was cold as fuck?

I refrained from opening my mouth

"The human body temperature ranges between ninety-seven and ninety-nine degrees.

You body shuts down if your organs reach seventy degrees. It will be slow, but I am sure the temperature outside will cool things down for you faster than you think" he said and realization hit me.

He had poured the water on me so the coldness of the night slowly lowered my body temperate. Tied up to this table there was no way to create heat. I was at his mercy. I was trying to keep my breathing steady, not to get too worked up. I had to find a way to get out of this because I was not going to live if I stayed here.

~.~.~.~.~.

I don't know how many hours passed after Vladimir disappeared the same way he came, but when my body couldn't stay up I fell asleep. My body was spent, and my wrists and ankles were sore from all the pulling I had done after he left. He was making a point. I couldn't get out and he control me.

When I woke up again it was still dark out and I still had that blazing light bulb on top of me. I had lost the sense of time, I could only see the dark sky out.

I was freezing, my body shaking. Fingers were numb, and I didn't have any shoes so if I hadn't looked down I would've believed I had lost my toes too. I closed my fists, trying to create some heat in the action but there was no case. I could barely move.

Lucas, where are you...

"How are you feeling?"

Vladimir appeared again, this time his hands stuffed in his pockets, a smile on his face as he admired from afar. He walked toward me slowly, studying me.

I was freezing, you sick fuck!

Again, I refrained from speaking

"Do you have pins and needles in your fingertips? Can you even move your toes anymore?" he asked next to me, stopping in front of the table where he had left the tools. I refused to look at him in the eye.

Fuck him.

He tsked and pulled a phone out, looking at something on the screen before he placed the phone on the table