Part 14

When Pha and his father came out of the office an hour or so later the young man had a tear stained faced and Beam wanted to go to him and hold him, but he did not want to upset Dr. Kongthanin, but Beam and Kit were in for a surprise when Pha walked up to them and hugged them both. "Thank you guys, I can't thank you enough,"he declared as tears began to flow from his eyes once more. While still holding on to his best friend and turning to the others "Thanks for all your help, and for standing by me." For which he received smiles. Just then "I'm back," a was heard voice saying from outside the seating room.

"What's happening here why is Phana crying?" She directed her Question to no one in particular, "He's just happy dear. I'll explain everything over lunch. But first let me introduce our guest, sir Panichasawad and his sons whose name I have not had the chance to learn as I was busy talking to our son." The doctor then turn to his guest and smiled "Boys do you mind introducing yourselves?" Which the three first timers went on to do. Mrs Kongthanin paid her respect to the gentleman then greeted the young ones in a kind soft voice. Pha had always loved his mother's voice his one wish had always been to hear her tell him that she loved him.

Over lunch Dr. Kongthanin recounted the morning's event to his wife, Mrs Kongthanin had always been a poised woman and for that reason Pha was beyond surprised when he heard his mother say, "Those assholes. They dared to try using my baby for money" Everyone dropped their cutlery with the exception of the doctor. They were shocked to hear such words leave the lips of such a dainty woman. Pha was even more shocked to hear his mother refer to him as her baby.

"What do you intend to do Channarong?" In all his years this was the first time that Pha heard his mother use his father's full name. she'd always referred to him as 'sami' (husband), 'thirak' (darling/ my love) or simply 'Na' which was his nickname. Pha swallowed hard this truly was a day filled with first for him.

"As we well Know both gambling and prostitution are illegal in our country we just have to nudge the authorities in the right direction."

Everyone one was shifting their head from one host to the next as if watching a tennis match. Pha could not believe that these people were his parents, it was as if they'd been taken over by some alien entity. Even Kit and Beam had looks of shock on their faces. After having been friends with Pha for so long and having spent time in his home it was their first time seeing such a display from these two.

No one dared say anything they just sat pretending to eat while those two plotted the next course of action.

At the end of lunch Sir Panichasawad excused himself stating that he had to head back to Bangkok as he had to attend a late meeting. The boys bid him good bye and Pha and his father walked him to his vehicle. The driver had just returned from his lunch break from a local restaurant.

Sir Panichasawad was now comfortable leaving his boys in the home of their friend as it turned out that the home owners had been misunderstood by their son and vice versa. Before he left Sir Panichasawad gave the doctor a word of advice.

"You need to know that we can't always protect them, believe me I know. Some of the thing my Yo went through, I wish I could have protected him from them. But we have to allow them to make their own mistakes. The day will come when we won't be able to protect or guide them so just be there for your son while you can, be a shoulder for him to cry on be a listening ear and be the comforting arms that he can run to when he's in pain, that is all you can do. But most all love him just the way he is, accept him faults and all."

"I have certainly learned my lesson after today. I will take your advise to heart. Thanks for helping my son. My over protectiveness almost sent him to the worst possible outcome."