"Please sit down Mr.," I said to him as me and August laughed at the sight.

I laughed at August talk about when he was smaller.

"So they left you like that," I asked as I wiped my teary face from laughing.

"Hell yeah, ma I ain't never been that scared in ma life! My skinny self, hanging from a tree in the middle of a hot sunny day. If I wasn't skin and bones then I don't know what 'ta call it," he exclaimed.

"Well, August, how did you get down," I asked as he ate some of his lasagna.

"I had to cut the rope they had me dangling from with a knife they dangled in front of ma face. So I snatched the knife and cut da rope. I fell on top of a 'lil trampoline and they laughed at me."

"If you didn't get down in time the blood could have rushed to your head," I said.

"I did get down though. If I didn't I wouldn't have met yo pretty face," he complemented.

I blushed and looked down at my food.

"Stop looking down every time I give you a compliment. Ya beautiful ma, whether people wanna admit it or not," he said to me.

"Thank you," I said quietly as I played with my food.

"Ready to go," he asked as he finished off his food. I nodded and stood up. We went to a movie and after that we still went out to eat.

We both put down a tip and walked out of Red lobster.

Once we got to the car we drove to my room. I already packed my stuff and I'm going to tell August the news.

"August," I said as we sat down on the bed.

He looked over at me as he took his shoes off.

"Yeah ma?"

"I got an apartment," I said looking at him.

He smiled at me and pulled me in for a hug.

I chuckled and he pulled away.

"That's great Ava that means you can get out of dis place," he said.

"Even though you 'coulda been out of hea," he mumbled.

"So you're not going to move with me," I joked.

"Woah....you don't think we 'movin too quick," he joked.

"I don't," I mumbled.

"Stop 'allat mumbling speak yo mind man," he said sternly.

"Nothing," I said as I sighed and laid back.

"Take my shoes off," I asked.

He looked at me and slipped my shoes off. He slid off my socks and smelled my feet.

"Ouu 'na yo feet stank!" He fell back on the bed and I giggled.

"Whatever," I said folding my hands behind my head. He did the same beside me and smiled.

"I'm 'jus 'kiddin ma."

We laid in silence when a knock on the door stopped me from talking.

"I'll get it," he said as he stood up. I went behind him as he opened the door.

"Oh I didn't think I would find you here but now that I have," she looked around and pushed him into the room.

She forced herself on to him and I hid behind the corner watching the craziest scene of my life.

August pushed her off and looked at her crazy.

"Are you following me?"

"No I'm here to see a friend I met today. I got her room number from the desk lady. Turns out her name isn't Avani like she told me. Her name is Ava," she said looking behind him.

"But since I don't see her....I guess I can have you to myself," she said taking off her robe.

He turned his head and shook his head no.

"Why you 'worryin bout ma girl?"

I raised my eyebrow at his comment.

"So she's your girl?"

"Yeah ma girl goin ta college instead of 'workin at McDonald's," he spat.

Christine looked at him and scoffed.

"Same old August," she said pushing her body up on him. I couldn't stand to see anymore so I walked around the corner.

"Problem here guys," I asked with a hand on my hip.

"'Wassup Ava," August said.

"Hi baby," I said as I walked up to him. I put my arms around his waist and leaned against his chest, pushing Christine off of him.

He rested his chin in my head and I smiled evilly.

"Long time no see Christine," I said to her.

"I thought you died," I said frowning.

"Well you thought wrong like the rest of those rescue people. I'm alive and well," she said looking at August.

"So are ya gonna leave," August asked.

"I'll be back and I'll get my man back Ava or Avani or whatever your name is," she said to me.

"Oh please you know damn well Avani is just my middle name, and you knew who I was when you first saw me," I spat.

"Still cutting because you can't face your problems head on," she asked with a smirk on her face. My smile dropped as August looked down at me.

"What da hell is she talm bout," August said looking at me.

"August..."

He glared at me and she laughed.

"So you don't know about her depressing life and how she deals with it? Wow," she dragged out.

She chuckled and pointed between us.

"That's my cue to leave. August you'll be seeing more of me because I know how stuck she was on Wakeem, it'll be a cold day in hell if she got over Wakeem in three months, you're not really together and I can get a second chance," she said as she left out of the room.

August locked the door behind her and looked down at me.

"Don't even try 'ta explain 'yaself....cause ion 'een wanna 'hea it," he said as he walked past me and laid on the bed.

I sighed and rubbed a hand down my face. Well I guess the bomb is dropped. He's going to cut me off...and this time it'll be like I'm dead to him.