Training with the Queen

Olivia POV

On Thursday I walk into the lab. "Guys, I'm going to Starling for a day, call me if you need me." 

"I can run you there." Barry offers. 

"Sure, thanks." I blush. I haven't talked to Barry in so long. I really do like him. I just hope he likes me back.

I hold my backpack with my suit and other stuff in it and Barry speeds me to an alleyway in Starling. 

"Thanks, Bare." I say.

He nods. "Look, can we talk? I feel like we haven't been close lately and I want to be. I like you, Olivia." 

I blush scarlet red. "I like you too, Barry." 

Suddenly, he kisses me on my forehead and runs off. I blush. I really, really like him. I look around and I see that I'm right outside of Verdant. This must be the only place Barry knows about in Starling. I walk in and I hear someone say, "We're not open right now."

I turn around and I see a really pretty girl. She looks familiar. "Are you Oliver's sister?" I ask.

"Oh, you know Oliver." She says and sticks out a hand. "I'm Thea Queen. Are you Olivia? " 

"Yeah." I say.

"Oliver told me to give you his number, text him." Thea says and gives me a phone number on a slip of paper.

I text the number and I'm told to sneak down to the basement in Verdant. I say goodbye to Thea and speed down there when Thea turns her back.

"I look around for Oliver, and suddenly I hear something from behind. I turn around and catch an arrow with my hand, seconds before it hits my face. Just then, two arrows hit me from behind. I scream.

"Rule number one: always check your surroundings before going into a place." Oliver says, stepping out of the shadows.

"What the hell, Oliver?" I say. The pain has kind of subsided, but still really hurts at the same time.

He comes up to my back and yanks the arrows out. I yell out in pain. 

"You said you could get steel skin?" He said.

"I don't think it works the same ways his did. For some reason, my speed is my most heightened power. Then weather, then steel. I think it has something to do with how long I touched them, and since I touch Barry all the time, speed is my best power. Not touch Barry like touch Barry, like shake hands and stuff..." I blush.

"That makes sense." Oliver says. "You should be sure to try and touch as few meta-humans as possible. I think that the more powers you get, the weaker you get."

"Do you think I can let go of a power?" I ask. "Like, let the power out of me?"

"You can try." Oliver says., "But right now, we train."

He grabs a long stick, a katana maybe? He throws one at me, and I grab it. We step onto a boxing rink and he starts attacking me. I block off a few of his blows, but then he hits me in the stomach, and when I grab my stomach he hits my head, but it turns to steel, and the stick breaks.

"See!" I say. "I can't control it."

Oliver doesn't answer, and just starts punching me. At first it hurts, but then I turn to steel. He stops punching me. I unsteel myself. 

"You need to learn to turn it on, as a reflex." Oliver says and starts punching me again.

This time I steel up almost immediately. He stops.

"You see." He says. "When you go back to Central City, I want you to practice your steel reflex. I want you to practice making small storms in your garden, try to see how extensive your control of the weather is. Try using your speed to do small tasks. The main goal right now is to get a sense of your strengths, and to control your powers."

Just then, an alarm starts ringing from one of the computers. Oliver runs to it to see what it is. "I have to go!" He says.

I nod, and hug him goodbye, and he runs out. 

Time to go back to Central City, I suppose. I grab my stuff and run back to my home. 

When I get home, I go inside and make myself some dinner. I use my speed to cook. I turn on my Spotify playlist and "Young and Beautiful" comes on, by Lana Del Rey. 

I continue cooking. I belt out, "All that grace, all that body, all that face, it makes me wanna party, he is my sun, he makes me shine, like diamonds. Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul, I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will, will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful? Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful? Will you still love me when I'm not young or beautiful?" 

"I always said you have a wonderful voice." Dad said. 

I scream. "Dad! You scared me. Warn me before you talk please!" I say.

"I'm sorry." He says. "It was not my intention to frighten you. Do you have food for two?" 

"Yeah, I have food for three." I say. "I'm pregnant." I say with a straight face.

"Ha ha." Dad said. I don't change my face.

"You're joking, right?" He says. I don't say a word.

"Was it Barry?" He says. "Please don't say it was Barry."

"Wait, what?"  I ask. "You don't like Barry?" 

"So you're not pregnant." Dad says. "It's not that I dislike Mr. Allen, but he does not deserve you. You deserve better than someone who still loves their childhood crush."

I blink. "What?" I say. 

Dad grimaces. "I thought you knew. Has he never told you of his feelings for Iris?" 

I shake my head. Dad sighs.

"I'm sorry, Liv, I thought you knew." Dad says. He wheels over and holds my hand. 

"I-I don't feel so good." I say. "I'm going to sleep."

I lean in to hug goodnight and walk to my room. I walk into my room and fall on my bed. Dad has to be joking, right? Barry likes me, doesn't he? Does he just pretend to like me in front of Iris? No, no, he wouldn't do that. Dad must be messing with me, since he doesn't want me and Barry to date. That makes a lot more sense. Before I go to sleep, I send Barry a text. "Lunch date tomorrow?" I turn off my phone and go to sleep.

Dr. Wells POV

I check the byline. The byline is Iris West-Allen. I knew it. If he really loved her that wouldn't be the byline. I'm just doing what's good for Olivia.

I start to read the article to make sure it is the same. I read the title of the article: Flash Missing, Vanishes in Crisis.

Good, it is all good. I continue reading, and all is well until I see, "Olivia Wells, the daughter of  Harrison Wells, was found dead in her home at he same time as the explosion." No, this cannot be happening. Olivia was never meant to get hurt in any of this. I made sure of it. Her powers that I gave her were supposed to be able to save her. Now, they must have overpowered her. I must change this.