The Big Bang

Olivia's POV

The day has come. It's finally here. The Particle Accelerator is going active soon. The apprehension, joy and stress is too much. I feel like I'm going to burst! The one thing I'm still worrying about is wether or not what Hartley said was true. I for one, think that we should wait, but dad is insisting that it needs to be done now. I just hope no one gets hurt. I get snapped out of my thoughts by Ronnie, who shakes my shoulders.

"Wake up, wake up!!" Ronnie yells into my ears.

I snap out of my daze and punch him in the shoulder. "What was that for!!! I was having a perfectly good time and you ruined it!"

"Well I'm sorry!" Ronnie snaps back.

"You should be!!!" I practically yell at him.

He looks at me funny, and I start slinking back, knowing what's going to happen. I start running away, but he follows me, and he's faster. I run around the building until he catches me. He pins me to the ground and starts tickling me. Suddenly, Caitlin and my dad walk in the room. Ronnie and I jump up, brush ourselves and stand really straight. The only problem was that I was breathing heavily and Ronnie was smirking.

"What exactly is going on here?" My dad and Caitlin said sternly.

"Well, you see..." Ronnie and I start to say at the same time. I guess we got busted!

"You're getting back to work?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, yeah." Ronnie and I quickly say.

"Good, that's what I thought." He replied.

~Time skip to Particle Accelerator Opening~

Dad is about to give his speech and I am beyond nervous. After he gives his speech, he's going to turn on the Particle Accelerator. I'm so excited. I am no longer worried about the risks. I feel calm. I already know that tonight is going to be monumental.

Dad steps up to the stage and starts his speech. While he's talking, I look around and see all the people who came. I notice this one pair. A stunning girl and a tall handsome boy. They look like friends. Suddenly, I see someone steal her purse. The boy runs after him, the girl after her friend.

"Are you excited?" Asked Cisco in a hyper voice.

"I'm beyond excited, Cisco. I am so ready for this. Nothing can go wrong." I reply excitedly.

Dad finishes his speech and we all go to the Cortex. He starts up the Particle Accelerator. No sound is heard.

"Shouldn't there be a bang or something?" Cisco asks curiously.

"If that happened, we would be in grave danger." Ronnie and I say together solemnly.

Dad looks around, picks up a bottle of champagne and opens it. When he opens it, something strange happens. The champagne floated out of the bottle, then dropped, as a loud bang was heard.

"A bang like that?" Cisco asks nervously.

"Yes, something has malfunctioned. Evacuate the facility. Ronnie, Cisco, go see what you can do. Olivia, help evacuate the facility." Dad tells urgently. Everyone freezes. "Now!" He yells and everyone snaps back to reality.

I didn't know what dad meant by help everyone evacuate, but then I realized that he wanted me to go home. I grabbed my keys and purse and ran to my car.

"Oh no, I knew something would happen. This is going to be terrible. I'm so freaked. What if someone dies?" I quietly mutter to myself whilst getting into the car. I quickly turn on my car and leave the parking lot.

I see a note on my dashboard. It says, "If you're reading this, something has gone wrong. I need you to get back home and go to the room. Get there quickly. I love you. -Dad"

"Oh god. He knew this could happen, and he turned on the Accelerator anyway." I turn into my street, and when I'm at my house, I hastily park the car and run inside. I quickly run to the room. The room is a place with no windows, no electronics, and no objects. But, there is a screen that shows what's outside through different cameras, like security cameras.

I see a burst of light shoot out of the Accelerator, and then it shoots outwards. I see it coming towards me. Suddenly, I feel like this room can't protect me. I look for a place to run, but I locked myself in. I stare at the monitor again, and then I see a bright flash of multicolored lights. That's the last thing I see, as I collapse into darkness.