Newfound Abilities

Olivia's POV

It was Thursday, and I woke up early and drove straight to STAR Labs. When I got there, I was happy to see that I was the only one still there. I walked into the lab room and took out my sample from the gunman that I stole a while ago. I tested it, but before the results came back, I heard a coughing.

I turned around speedily, and I saw Cisco, Barry, Dad and Caitlin. "Heyyy, guys." I said.

"Hey, Olivia. You got my text?" Cisco asked.

"Um, yeah." I say.

"Great. Then let's get down to business." Dad says. "The man who attacked Mr. Stagg is Danton Black. He can replicate himself. The Particle Accelerator mutated his cells, making them all naive."

"Wait, so he's basically like a baby murderer?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah, actually." Barry said.

Suddenly, a ding was sounded throughout the Cortex. "There's a shooting at STAGG Industries." Caitlin said.

"Joe's there." Barry said frantically. "I have to go."

"Okay." Cisco said. "We'll guide you through the intercom."

I look at my watch. "Shoot. I told Iris I'd meet her for lunch. I have to go. Sorry guys, sorry Bare."

"It's okay." Barry said. "Stay safe, though, okay?"

"Of course. Bye guys." I said and ran off.

I had a nice lunch with Iris, and I'm driving back to STAR Labs.

When I get there, I see Barry, injured. I don't walk in yet.

"Sorry." Caitlin said as Barry winced while she was tending to his wounds. "The abrasions are already rapidly healing."

"Yeah, I got my ass handed to me." Barry said dejectedly.

"You got blood on my suit." Cisco said.

"Wow, Cisco." I say as I'm walking in. "Glad your priorities are straight."

"Anyway." Barry responds to Cisco. "I think some of it belongs to him. Another not-so-friendly meta-human."

"Meet Captain Clone!" Cisco said excitedly. We all turned to look at him. "Don't worry. I'll come up with something cooler."

Barry looks at the picture of Danton Black and starts to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Joe was right. I'm in way over my head. Yeah, I'm fast, but I am no warrior." Barry said. "Man, I could barely fight one meta-human, let alone six."

He finished his speech, and turns around to leave, but before he dies, Dad calls him. "Barry." He said. "I understand. Today was a setback. But any grand enterprise has them. And we can never learn to fly without crashing a few times."

Barry shakes his head. "This wasn't a grand enterprise, Dr. Wells. This was a mistake." He said and walks out.

"Nice going, Dad." I said. "Well, looks like we're down a member." I said rudely. "I'm going home. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

I walk out. "Olivia, wait!" Cisco shouts. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing. I just need to think, Cisco." I said.

"Okay. You know who to come to, though. Right?" He says.

"Yes. I do. Bye, Cisco." I say and leave STAR Labs.

But I wasn't planning on going home. It was time for a little road trip. I got on my prototype suit and a mask that I bought from Party City and I ran over to Sterling City. On the rooftop of one of the buildings, I sat there, and just waited.

"Who are you?" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned around. It was The Hood.

"I mean you no harm." I say. "I have come here to ask you for your opinion and for some advice."

"Where are you from?" He asked.

"I'm sure you, of all people, will value my privacy." I said.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

"I'm someone who wants to know what to do with my newfound abilities." I said cryptically.

He glared. "Okay, why don't you just spell this out for me?"

"I have powers. They're new. I want to help but I don't know what to do." I said.

"Hmm, I see." The Hood said. "Well look, I'm a bit busy right now, so why don't you meet me somewhere tomorrow night."

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I asked. "I mean, I'm not complaining, but I don't want to put either of us in harms way."

"Then don't do what you do." He said. "If you're not strong enough to be threatened, or hurt, you're never going to make it. Meet me here, tomorrow night at 8:00, and we'll talk."

"Thank you so much." I said. "This means a lot to me, since I'm still so new to all of this."

"I know someone who has powers. He came for help, too. He's doing very well now, and you will too." He said. "See you tomorrow." He said and shot a bow to a nearby building and swung away.

"Wow." I muttered under my breath as I turned around to go back home. I started running, and I would swear that I heard him say "Wow" too.

I run back to the city and go straight to STAR Labs. As soon as I walk in, Barry grabs me and hugs me. "We did it!" He said. "Caitlin cloned his replicate, and we saw that his clones act as receivers only. We found out where he was at. When I got there, I looked for the Black who looked most strained and I knocked him out. I was standing by a window, talking to the team, when he jumped. I held on to his hand, but he kept trying to make me let go. He did, let go. He fell."

"Wow." I say. "Is he alive?"

"No." Cisco said.

"Well, that's a win in my book." Dad said.

"Same here." Said Caitlin.

"And, I came up with a better name!" Cisco said. "Multiplex."

"Nice name, Cisco." I said.

"Well, I have to go back to work." Barry said.

"I'm tired, I'm going to go home." Caitlin said.

"Same, bye guys." Cisco said.

All three of them left. "So, you visited Sterling City?" Dad asked.

"No." I said. "Well, yes."

"Did you find what you were looking for?" He asked.

"Yes, I think I did." I say. "I'm going home too, Dad. Come with me?"

"I'm going to stay a little longer." He said. "I'll be home soon, I just have to take care over a few loose ends."

"Yeah, sure." I said. "Just don't come home too late."

Dad chuckled. "I love you, honey. You know that, right?" He asked.

"Always." I said. "I love you, too."

"Good night." He said.

"Good night." I replied.

And thus, my life continued. And I was still oblivious to all that was happening around me.

AN:

I'm so, so sorry that I haven't updated in forever. I've been so busy with so many things that I couldn't keep up. Let this chapter be a teaser for what's to come between our heroes and The Hood!