Episode 14: Loyal Companions

Start from the beginning

'Sit?'

The human nudged her butt.

Honey went into a sit. 'Like this?'

"That's it!" The human smiled. "Sit."

The puppy sat.

"Good girl!" The human threw the ball again.

Honey squeaked the ball after she retrieved it.

She put the ball behind her back then put her free hand up. "Stay..."

The human took three steps back.

"Atta girl!" She threw the ball with the biggest smile on her face. "Go get it!"

'Yay!' Honey put her butt up in the air and wagged her tail.

The human pointed to the ground. "Lay down."

The puppy tilted her little head. What was Honey supposed to do now?

"Sit." She smiled before pointing to the ground. "Okay, girl. Now lay down."

Honey laid down.

"What a good girl!" The human gave Honey a scratch under the chin before throwing the ball again. "Here you go!"

Honey bolted after the ball.

The human rubbed her arms. "Let's go back inside. I'm getting cold."

Honey hung her tail between her legs. 'Okay...'

***

The puppy followed her back inside.

The human filled a bowl of water before putting it on the floor for Honey. "Here. I'm going to make myself coffee, so I thought I'd offer you a drink, too."

'I am thirsty...'

She smiled before she pulled a sausage out of her pocket. "Would you like a snack?"

'Yes, please!'

She held the sausage out. "Enjoy."

Honey gently took the sausage out of the human's hand.

"That's a gentle puppy." The human smiled. "You're so sweet."

'Of course. I had an owie. Collin has an owie. I don't want anyone else to get an owie.'

She sighed.

Honey nudged her leg with her nose. 'What's wrong? Do you feel yucky?'

The human ran her hand across Honey's back. "I'm okay. I was just thinking."

Honey tilted her head.

She sighed again. "It was such a long time ago. I used to have a sweet puppy of my own. His name was Wilfred."

Wilfred?

"I was six or so when my parents got him. He used to help me get my energy out without getting lost. He was my puppy and no one else's." She had the biggest smile on her face. "He even came home to Kayleigh with me."

Honey tilted her head.

A whistle. "Wilfred!"

A dog walked in from thin air. 'Yes, Mommy?'

"Come meet a new friend."

He came and sat in front of Honey. 'What's your name?'

'Honey.'

'I'm Wilfred.' He looked at the human. 'That's Let. Where's your human?'

'He's upstairs.' Her ears drooped. 'He's sleeping cuz he feels yucky.'

He gave her a gentle lick. 'I hope he feels better soon. I don't like when Mommy feels yucky.'

The human got a blanket before popping her head into the room. "Did you want to check on your human, Honey? His blankey is all clean, so I'm going to give it back before he wakes up."

Wilfred followed Honey and his mommy upstairs into the master bedroom. He stood guard by the door.

The human spoke in a gentle voice. "Here's your blanket back. It's nice and clean for you. Just take it easy. I hope you get better soon."

Honey didn't want to leave Collin's side now. He still looked like he felt yucky.

She used the bench at the foot of the bench to climb up. She then walked in circles before cuddling up next to his good arm.

"Willie, let's let Honey take care of him."

'Yes, Let.' His tail wagged. 'Take good care of your human.'

'I will.' 

***

Thoughts on this chapter? The dogs? Theories? Predictions?

~Shino out

Episodes edited by ImperialSun