"...your beautiful curse..."

Ichika shot up out of bed, panting and sweating as she grasped her night shirt over her heart, eyes close to leaking tears as she took an unsteady breath. 'Breathe, Ichika. It was only a dream. It wasn't real. Breathe.'

   Her molten eyes looked over to the new alarm clock on her new bedside table, reading the time with a sigh. 3:32am. It was time for her to get up anyways. Due to both her old schedule and her nightmares, Ichika's days usually started before dawn.

   The forest haired girl stood and headed straight for her dresser, changing out of her oversized shirt and into today's workout gear. It consisted of a high compact sports bra, a baggy and partially see through cover-up, loose fitting sweatpants over spandex shorts, and a simple pair of running shoes that she left by the door. She kept her dogtags wedged under her bra so they wouldn't move, and her hair held back with a sweat band, proceeding with placing weights on her legs, arms, and waist before she headed out. As she passed them, Ichika glanced at her brother's and mother's doors with a small smile. 'I'll be back soon. Sleep well.'

   Silently, Ichika slipped on her shoes and went out of the house, taking the key she was given and locking the door back. As soon as she knew she was in the clear, Ichika started down the stairs on the outside of the apartment complex before taking off into a jog down the sidewalk, easing into a run. 'Yesterday I went by the convenience store. So today I'll go by the beach.'

   Ichika took off, taking in the crisp spring morning air as the sun began to rise up above the horizon. She ran for a while, trying to go longer than she did yesterday, and was later found running across the sands of the nearby beach, knowing it would help her endurance and stamina if she kept this up.

   "...is the day, Young Midoriya," Ichika froze as her ears picked up on a strange voice. Almost instantly, she pressed herself up against one of the many rocks in the area, crouching down and forcefully stilling her breathing so she could listen in. "I'd imagine you would be nervous, but worry not! For I will be there to assist as one of your teachers!"

   "Th-Thank you, All Might. Though, I'm more worried for Ika--er, my sister. She's still settling in and, if I'm being honest, something seems almost off about her ever since she got back. I don't know what to make of it, though." Ichika's eyes widened as she clearly heard her brother's voice. Just what was he doing with 'All Might' at this hour anyways?

   'Hold on. Toshinori's hero name is All Might, isn't it? I thought he was still in America! What is he doing here!?' A mixture of confusion and excitement filled the girl as she stepped out from behind the rock and looked into the direction of the voices, taking off in a sprint.

   All Might was in his skinny form, his back turned towards the excited girl as he continued to talk with his disciple. Izuku, on the other hand, was facing in the direction of where she was running from, though he didn't catch her figure until just before she pounced on the man's back, a squirt of blood coming from his mouth in surprise. "Toshinori!!"

   "What the hell?! Who is tha--Young Valerie? What are you doing here?" All Might turned his head to see the smiley, fire eyed girl on top of him.

   "I should be asking you that, Toshi! I thought you were still stationed in New Mexico!" Ichika began to talk in English as well, leaving her brother to simply watch them, bewildered and confused. "Either way, the more important question is why are you out here with my brother? And how does he know of your situation?"

    All Might sighed, sitting upright as Ichika backed off him and sat on her knees, feeling the sand digging into her flesh. "You see, I've chosen Young Midoriya to be my successor to One for All, and since he will be attending U.A., I decided to give him a quick pep talk as a teacher and a mentor. Now, I've explained my bit, what about you? When did you get to Japan?"

   "U-Um, All Might?" The duo turned their heads towards the awkward boy they had ignored, confusion clearly set on his face. "How do you know my sister?"

   Though it took a few seconds, All Might's eyes widened as he looked between the two kids, as if just now noticing the distinct similarities they had. "Young Valerie and Young Midoriya...are related!?"

   "Really, you're just now noticing this? You need to step up your observation skills, Toshi. You're starting to show your age." All Might gave the girl a sharp look, though she didn't acknowledge it. "Anyways, Zuku, Toshi and I met back when I was in America. He was working on the base I was living on and even helped train me for a few months. After a while, he and I became friends and he told me about his 'secret'. I haven't heard from him in a few months, though, and now I know why."

   Izuku nodded, trusting his sister's word as the two of them stood, dusting off the sand from their bodies. "Okay then. Though, Ika, it doesn't explain why you're not at home right now. It's not even six and we have school in a few hours."

   Ichika nervously scratched the back of her head, a small grin on her face. "Well, about that, I was out running this morning when I came across you two--wait a second, when does school start?" Izuku froze, thinking back to the papers he had scanned through the night before. 

   "Well, according to the papers, school starts at 7:45." Ichika brought her thumb up to her lips, pressing gently against them as she started to think.

   "It's about 4:45 now, and the train we need to catch leaves at 6:20. It takes us fifteen minutes alone to get to the station, so we have about an hour and twenty minutes before we absolutely have to leave. Between returning to the house, showering, changing, packing our bags and eating breakfast, we'd have to leave..."

   "Right now." The twins snapped their heads up, looking at each other with wide eyes as they both had all but muttered the same things. Ichika, while silently cursing under her breath, snatched her brother's wrist and started to drag Izuku towards where the house was. "Waah! I-I'll see you at the school, All Miiight!!"

   The frail-looking adult waved, visibly amused by Ichika's actions and reaction with her brother and himself. A certain memory resurfaced, however, wiping the look from the blond man's face as pity rose up in All Might's chest.

   "Young Valerie, just how much have you actually changed from that girl I once met?" The memory of the aftermath of that time still burned in his mind, ironically. Snow like flames burning mercilessly across the desert terrain, the blackened and mauled corpses staining the tawny sands a nearly brown shade of red. The tears that slipped down a girl's face, hidden away in a balled position in the center of the chaos, her hands tightly gripping the sides of her scorched hair.

   "And are you able to control your beautiful curse yet, I wonder."

Hey guys!! Scarlet here with a big welcome to my first published BNHA fanfic, 'Fire in Her Eyes'! I really hope you like it and it would be greatly appreciated if you guys could leave some feedback in the comments! I'm truly trying to become a better writer for you guys and every little bit counts!

I also come with a forewarning: I'll really only be able to publish work on this on the weekends because, throughout the week, I have to focus on my medical training and classes. I will try to get at least one chapter a week up, either on Saturday or Sunday(or both), so look forward to then, alright!?

Be sure to like this chapter and the last if you didn't, and to check out my other cruddy works if you have the time, lawlz. Follow me if you haven't already and, most importantly, be sure to smile!! You're all worth it to me!

Huggles all around! Salut, mon poupée petit(e)!!