Chapter 44 *NEW*

IMPORTANT NOTE & TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter discusses themes of suicide, anxiety, and depression

IMPORTANT NOTE & TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter discusses themes of suicide, anxiety, and depression. We want anyone who has struggled with these things to know that both Kristen and I have had a lot of personal experience with friends and family members who have dealt with this first hand. By navigating the characters through these difficult topics we hope to provide hope for those of you who are struggling with any of these things and let you know that we're always open to talk with you guys about whatever you might be going through.

In our faith, we believe in helping anyone who's struggling, building up the brokenhearted and establishing strong, trusting,  personal relationships with people (no matter who you are or where you come from, we're here to help never to judge). We've been through a lot in our own lives and want to write things that help you guys know that you're never alone in what you're dealing with. 

We also hope that Elias and Jersey are relatable characters whose stories mirror the struggles people deal with in real life. Much of the struggles they've gone through are inspired by actual problems from people we've known personally or people who we've encountered.  We want this platform to be a safe place for our friends/ readers to share their experiences. Please know that these story lines have been written with utmost care and consideration of people who deal with these issues in real life, so we have nothing but respect for you and your experiences. 

So if you have a story to share, or a story that's inspired by this one, we're more than happy to talk to you publicly or privately about what you're going through. Just leave us a comment or drop us a message and we're always happy to talk :).

-Jenny & Kristen

***

Elias

I can't look at Jersey so I stare out at the dust flickering through the sun beams spilling down from the windows. Maybe God's trying to tell me that the sun can shine through the shadows no matter how dark the day is, but right now it just feels like the light's fading between me and her.