Why

Enjoy!

Its been a few weeks since Tai and Jane agreed with the deal but Jane had some questions that's been keeping her occupied and she needed her answers. Lately she has seen Tai and Sora hanging out more together whether its at school or afterschool, not only that but the whole school thinks Tai and Sora are actually a couple. Jane let out a sigh as she sat on her assign seat in class ignoring her english teacher lecturing them on the book of How To Kill A Mockingbird.

'I really need to talk to Tai'

She thought. As she looked at her desk tapping her pen on her closed note book.

"Uh-hum"

Jane immediately gazed up and notice the teacher and along with the other students staring at her.

"I'm sorry Ms. Bailey, is my class too boring for you?"

"N-no, Ms. Scott"

Jane answered quickly.

"Well then maybe perhaps you would like to answer my question? Or would you care to admit you weren't listening at all"

Jane but her lip and looked up to the clock and saw it was a minute before the school bell rings for to go home. Jane stood up with a smile.

"I think its good that we ask questions, because without question then all we have is an answer and a answer without a question is called a statement."

The teacher froze in confusion and raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't answer my question at all"

Just then the bell ringed, signaling the students to pack up and go home. Jane immediately gathered her things and ran out the classroom. She tried shoving and passing through the flooded hallways to get to her locker. As soon as she arrived and opened it, her eyes were covered and a voice leaned up close to her ear.

"Guess who?"

Said a voice. Jane raised an eyebrow.

'That doesn't sound like Tai, it sounded like...'

"Matt"

The hands were then removed, Jane quickly spin around and saw Matt. She happily smiled at him and gave him a hug, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"How you been?"

She asked once they pulled away.

"I been good. You?"

"Great"

"That's good, I um wanted to ask you if you would like to come to my concert this Saturday"

He said with a light blush on his face handing her the ticket.

"Oh really? You have a band?"

"Yeah"

"Sounds cool, I would love to come"

"Great. So I'll see you later"

He said walking away glancing at her.

"Yeah. Later"

She said softly with a wave. She then put the ticket away making sure not to lose it.

"So you're going to that concert?"

Said a voice. Jane turn to the side and saw Tai smirking leaning against the lockers holding his school bag hanging off one shoulder. Jane smiled.

"Yeah well first I need to ask mother if I can go first but hey, so what's up with you and Sora?"

She asked

"What about her?"

He asked as he pushed off the locker as he got closer to her. There was hardly anyone at the hallways.

"By any chance are the both of you together?"

Tai frown.

"What? Of course not?"

Jane put up both her hands in surrender.

"Okay I'm just asking because I hope you don't make me look like the bad one here Tai"

"What do you mean?"

He asked as he placed his hand cupping the side of her cheek. Jane slightly glared at him and pulled his hand away.

"I'm serious Tai. Are you and Sora together?"

"I told you no already!"

"Why are you being defensive about this?"

She asked with a raised eyebrow at the sound of Tai's voice rising.

"I'm not being defensive, I'm just telling you because you're not listening the first time"

"I'm just saying because I notice the way you both are getting close together and if you want to stop this deal then its fine by me and plus the rumors are going around"

She said trailing off as she saw Tai looked to the side annoyed and let out a sigh. It honestly did hurt Jane to say that of her crush is actually falling in love with someone else. Tai then turn his attention back to Jane.

"Who cares what anyone else thinks? Rumors are fake"

"Then tell me where would they come up with an idea like that?"

She asked. Tai closed his eyes angrily. Jane knew she was pushing his buttons but he wasn't being honest with his answers to her.

"What do you want me to say?"

He said with his head down.

"Just tell me the truth, if you like Sora, why don't you do the deal with her?"

She asked. Tai opened his eyes with hurt and anger and without thinking he struck Jane on the side of her cheek. The sound of an impact of someone falling to the ground echoed in the hallway. Tai gasp as he opened his eyes and saw Jane on the ground holding her red cheek.

"Oh Jane, I'm so sorry"

He immediately apologized as he tried helping her up but Jane pushed his hand aside as her hair cover her face not allowing him to see her expression. Jane quickly gathered her things and slam her locker shut before running out of the school leaving Tai alone in the hallway. Tai didn't bother to follow her because he knew she wanted space.

"I'm sorry Jane."

He said lowly to himself.

'What have I done?'

He thought.

*With Jane*

'He hit me. I can't believe he hit me. I mean I knew I was pushing his buttons but did he really had to hit me'

Jane thought as she ran home, to a dark apartment. As soon as she entered Jane lit up the candles with a wave of her hand, she was happy at the thought her bruise heal after a couple of minutes, just one of the perks of being a witch you can heal quickly.

"Mom?"

Jane called. She then went to the kicthen and found a note next to lit up candle.

Jane

Meeting at the coven. I'll be home in three days. Take care. Hugs and Kisses.

"Great"

Jane said to herself.

A/N Rate and Comment