Crush

Enjoy!

Tai was at home reading his comics until someone interrupted his moment.

"Sweety, its for you"

Tai's mom said poking her head into his room. Tai looked up from the floor.

"Who is it?"

"Its Matt"

"Okay"

Tai said as he stood up and went to the livingroom to answer the phone.

"Hey Matt"

"Hey Tai, listen do you mind if I come over?"

"Since when did you have to ask?"

"Right, see you in a few minutes"

"Yeah"

Tai said as he hanged up but frown.

'Hmmm Matt sounded nervous on the phone, I wonder what's that about'

He thought. Just as promise Matt showed up. Tai decided for them to hang out in the room.

"So what's up?"

Taia asked as he sat back on the floor and Matt went to sit on a chair.

"I'm not going to be here for that long. All I want is some answers"

"Okay"

"Is Jane with anyone?"

He asked simply but with that simple questions it crashed Tai's world. He froze and nervously looked to Matt.

"Why do you ask?"

Matt smiled slightly with a blush.

"Because I'm planning to ask her out in a date"

"When?"

He asked immediately. Matt was surprise with the fast question because he was the one suppose to be asking the questions.

"Right after talking to you"

Tai didn't know what to say.

'How did Matt have more courage than I do?'

He thought to himself. He quickly shook his head to get rid of his thoughts.

"So does Jane have a boyfriend?"

He asked. Tai frown in thought.

'I can't lie to Matt because I know no matter what I say he will find out on his own and if Jane finds out that I lie about her having a boyfriend, she will be mad at me. (Mentally Sigh) I have no choice'

"Well..."

Matt asked slightly annoyed that Tai was mostly keeping silent.

"No, she doesn't"

"Great"

Matt said with a smile as he was about to stand up but Tai quickly stood up with him.

"Quick question, why did you came to ask me?"

"We been friends for a long time, and I trust you but let's face it you and Jane been friends since the longest then we have."

"Oh right"

"Alright then I gotta scram"

Matt said heading out of the room, Tai followed him hoping to get his questions answered.

"Where are you going right now?"

"To buy Jane some flowers, she likes roses right?"

"Yeah"

"I'm gonna confess to her today"

Tai felt his heart drop again but manage to pull himself together.

"Matt.."

Tai said slowly. Matt turned around to face him after putting on his shoes and opened the door.

"Yeah?"

Tai swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Promise me that you'll take care of Jane"

Matt chuckled.

"Wow, Tai its not even official or anything yet"

"Yeah, I know but I don't want to see her get hurt"

"Sure no problem, she's my friend too"

He said with a smile and waved leaving the apartment. Tai stood frozen in his spot, not knowing exactly what to do. Tai's mom was in the kitchen and saw the whole interaction between Tai and Matt talking about Jane.

"Sweetheart, is there something you want to tell me?"

She asked. Tai slowly shook his head, no words came out of his mouth but tears were the only thing that spoke.

"Tai if you feel uncomfortable for Matt to date Jane then just tell him"

Tai shut his eyes making a tight fist in his hand and shook his head and ran to put on his shoes.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to talk to Jane"

He replied with his head down shadowing his eyes. Tai's mother smiled.

'Oh my big boy is finally going to confess'

She thought happily. Tai quickly ran out the door and ran and ran until he reached Jane's apartment panting and sweating, hoping that he got there before Matt. Once Tai caught his breathe he knocked on the door. The door open to reveal Beth, Tai was unconcern at the moment about his fear to Beth.

"Hi Ms. Bailey, is Jane home?"

"Jane is up on the roof with a friend"

She stated with a smile. Tai's heart froze at the moment.

'No it can't be Matt'

He thought as he quickly ran without saying bye to Beth and ran up to the roof. Tai froze panting as he saw Jane standing there with a guy that didn't even look like Matt. He had black hair, a beard, very tall, and was wearing casual clothing. Tai took a step forward.

"Jane"

Tai said. Jane turned around and smiled. The man in front of her transform into a black cat and jumped into Jane's arms. Jane walked up to Tai.

"What's up?"

"I need to tell you something"

"What is it?"

She asked and finally took notice that Tai was sweating and his eyes were puffy and red like if he was crying and she could feel the heat radiating off of him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine its just..."

He said trailing off with his head down, and his body was shaking in fear. Jane frown at him in confusion.

"Tai..."

"If Matt was to ask you out on a date, what would you say?"

He asked.

'Dammit I had my chance but I blew it..... Again'

He thought sadly. Jane smiled at him.

"I honestly don't know, I guess I'll probably give him a chance"

She said.

'I really need to stop getting my hopes up, there is no way Tai likes me the same way that I like him. But why did he ask me about Matt?'

She thought.

"Why do you ask?"

She said. Tai put his head down not knowing exactly what to say, he knows he can't stop her but if it makes her happy he will let her go. At least they will still be friends and the deal will still be on since its not official yet.

"Nothing I was just curious that's all. So what's up with that guy turning into a cat?"

He asked trying to change the subject. Jane laughs and told him how it happen while heading back to her apartment.

A/N Rate and Comment