Kind Of A Nut

The back room wasn't a very reassuring place to be dragged to alone. The body-less animatronic heads didn't help. 

You insisted to Mike that you really needed to do your job and that your lunch break had ended.

"Really?" Mike checked his wrist as if a watch were on it. There wasn't.

He then lowered his arm stiffly to his side and mumbled something you couldn't hear.

Mike decided to continue his rambling instead of letting you go. "And let a criminal run free without consequence? I don't think so!"

You told him that you would soon be suffering the consequence of getting fired if you didn't start working again.

"Getting fired is a small price to pay for putting a bunch of dead kids to peace," he countered. "Putting Abigail to peace." 

You countered with the fact that if you got fired from your job, you would become a dead kid. As the product of starvation.

"You mean dead adult? Anyway, we seriously need to focus on getting Vincent—"

You grabbed Mike firmly by the shoulders. He needed to get some sleep. His obsession with Vincent was getting in to borderline stalker territory.

Mike appeared troubled. "But I know Vincent is guilty. I can't— I need to—"

You asked Mike where his proof was.

Mike stopped. "I... don't..." he trailed off. "But I saw him! I saw him go in! I remember it vividly! Creepy smile, gross hair, green eyes and everything! Am I going crazy or something?"

Possibly. Mike was the only person with such a grudge against Vincent. (Well, apart from Fritz.) And his only reasoning for it? Vincent was "shifty looking."

What was the real reason? A... messy break up? A vendetta?

"No! You don't get it!" Mike tugged at his hair. "Who else would kill children rather than someone who hates children? He's told me himself— it's why he became a janitor instead of a day guard."

You reminded Mike that not all people who hate children are murderers, which seemed like common knowledge to you.

Mike moved both of his hands to his collar. "Sure, but he also has a suspicious alibi and a family history of mental illnesses! There's no better culprit," he insisted.

You reminded Mike that not all mentally ill people were murderers. And then you asked him how he knew about Vincent's family history.

"Well, of course I know that!" He said, flustered. He started to pace in a circle. "All I'm saying is, more often than not, murderers tend to have some sort of mental illness. Who's to say Vincent doesn't?"