Long Night

It was, indeed, a long night.

Yu and jeremy worked together. You two made a good team. Jeremy checked the cameras and winded the music box, while you manned the lights. You nearly had a heart attack when you saw Foxy in the hallway for the first time.

Jeremy quickly winded the remainder of the music box. "U--um, just... just flash your light at him that should... should make him g-- go away" he shook a little.

You heeded Jeremys words and clicked your flashlight on and off at Foxy. after about 10 rounds you heard a distant whirring sound of mechanics and Foxy stomped off, the sound echoing through the metal hallway, spilling in to yourr ears and sending a chill through your bones

"g-Good job!" Jeremy looked at you with a big, strained smile and a thumbs up.

You smiled back, happy to hear that you did good. jeremy blushed and quickly turned away, focusing his attention once again on the tablet in his hands.

"Hey... uh." jeremy started. " When i said i didn't know why the robots moved? well i mean theres kind of a theory... well thats-- that's what my tutor said anyway. well he wasn't really a tutor. He was just, he was recorded... on a phone... anyway! I-- i'm rambling. sorry."

You shrugged.

"So anyway.... he said that the robots didn't-- don't really have a proper n-night mode. so when they hear it all quiet, they-- they think theyre in the wrong room and they try to go to where the people are. which just happens... to be... here."

That made sense. You guess.

"Though um..." Jeremy stared at the ceiling and rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't really think that's why. I've worked here for a week... and I know. it's not that. Oh no!"

He nearly fell out of his chair as he realized he had forgotten to wind the music box. He caught it when it nearly ran out of time. As he cranked it the sweet tinkling song played.

"Oh... oh my. I-- can't let that happen again... no...."

You shot him a worried glance, though trying to keep your eyes on the hallways and on the vents. You checked them all.

"I forgot to tell you..." Jeremy said as he flipped through the cameras on screen. "...what happens when the music box runs out. So-- so there's this puppet, or marionette, or... or another robot, inside this box here..." he held the portable computer torwards you (you were under the impression that this establishment was fairly poor, but the fancy computer said otherwise) and you could see a large box, decorared like a gift sitting in view of the camera. He turned it back to him before you could get a bbetter look.

"And-- and when the music, the music box runs out he gets mad... or... something.and he comes out. Once he's out, uh, there's-- there's no stopping him, really. You're pretty dead."

You couldn't help but not be surprised. It seemed rather tame compared to everything else that was happening.