chapter twenty-one

Chapter twenty-one

----------------------------()-----------------------------

It's been two weeks after kyle kissing me in his room. Kissing? Making out I could say. I haven't heard from Jake since my last rendezvous with him. My time has been spent stupidly with my friends except Stacy. How awkward is it that I haven't seen Stacy just as much as I haven't seen Jake?

They are probably f^king each other's intestines out.

Shut up!

I shake my head to clear my thoughts. I log into my Instagram account to finally reply direct messages I've not been able to reply during exam periods.

Three unread messages from Malek < @malekthecreator. I click to open his message.
" hey babe "
" you free tomorrow night? "
" my mom is launching her new restaurant uptown "

I hesitate to accept going on this very obvious date, reason being Jake is on my mind. My subconscious slaps me hard in the head.

So I reply " oh you're in luck, I am very free tomorrow night, pick me up my 8:00pm "

I bit my bottom lip, realizing it's handsome Malek. Tomorrow night should be fun.

I might as well go to the mall today, being that I haven't gone shopping in three months. Oh Matilda.

I dial Jane.
" hey, mall now! Will pick you up in ten"

I hang up.

I run up to my room to quickly shove my Pedicure-starved feet. Into my fila disruptor shoes. I put my hair into a bun and apply lip gloss.

I run down the stairs and grab my keys off the little green bowl we place keys in... Thanks to mom.

After a minute drive, I pull up in Janette's driveway. I see her on the porch with a very large grin. Jane loves going shopping and I could tell she knows I have a date .

She steps into the car and in a split second she yells "spill it!"

Without breaking for breath I spill the deets to her and we both squeal. She knows about Jake and his sudden disappearance so she's probably happy I'm letting loose.

**

"ew, too Shiny" disgust fill my voice as Jane holds up a dress covered in gold sequence all through.

"no, I think it's pretty and it's pretty short and tight, come on! " she pleads.

" fine" I yank the dress off her hand and strut into the dressing room. I pull up the dress and zip it closed. I stare at myself in the mirror in complete shock. The dress is tight no doubts. It hugs my body like second skin and the hem of the dress is three inches below my butt making my legs more slender.

I smile a little bit more when I realized I do look good in this.

I finally exit the dressing room to reveal my look to a curious Jane. Jane has her jaw to the floor as I step out. She blinks continuously . After a few she finally speaks "oh my fuckin daze! You look stunning, like a model, a supermodel, a vogue model, a goddess, no! A mermaid, no! A fairy or is it a--" I cut her off.

"easy cheetah, so I guess you weren't wrong, the dress looks good. " I admitted

We pay for the dress --by 'we' I mean me, Jane just stood there popping her gum. Which was surprisingly cheap.