Burning hatred

Broken, mangled, warped. Deformed. These are all words I was called as I grew up. Hi, I'm Y/n, just Y/n. No last name, formally Y/n Xiao Long but we'll get to that later. I'm scarred all across my chest. Words carved into my flesh by my sisters and father. Words like 'weak' 'pathetic' and 'property of Yang and Ruby' that one is across my back, just across my shoulder blades. I made a deal with the darkest of Remnants powers that I'd be sparred, and I could punish the evil of this world so that no one else would ever live or die like I did. Yeah I said die... lets go back a few years.

*flashback- 5 years ago*
At the time I was 14 the oldest of my siblings. Yang was 12 and was on the last few years of Signal, whilst my youngest sister Ruby had just become 10 years old and was off to start her huntsman training at Signal academy, and my father was so proud of his two perfect daughters. I however, wasn't anything to him. Due to a gangrenous infection shortly after I was born, my right leg was amputated to save my life... not that it's much of a life mind you. They never bothered getting my a cybernetic to help me walk, 'what's the point in spending money on the pathetic' Tai always said.
My room was little more than a room tucked away in the back, more of a large wardrobe than a room. I slept huddled up, with my leg tucked into my chest.

One morning, I remember hearing the lock on the outside of my door unlatch, and Tai threw open my door.

Tai: "get up you worthless sack of garbage!" He kicked me in the stomach and dragged me downstairs and outside, where Ruby and Yang were stood waiting, bags packed ready to leave for the next semester at Signal. Tai threw me down to the floor

Yang: "hey one leg! Guess what today is?"

Y/n: *cough* "Ruby's heading to Signal to start training, congratulations, I'm sure you'll do great."

Tai: "shouldn't you say bye to your sisters Y/n?!"

Y/n: "yeah... goodbye, and good luck. Can I go back inside now?"

Tai grinned like a hungry wolf seeing a lost lamb
Tai: "not yet. The girls have one final lesson they need to learn before they leave. Girls, in the real world sometimes you have to take a life without remorse. Take him to the cliff."

Y/n: "what? Y-you can't be serious!"

Yang: "oh he is, and so are we."

Both sisters grabbed each of my arms and dragged me towards the back of the house, where the cliff top meets the open ocean breeze.

Ruby: "this is where you get going too freak. The beach down there is... how far down is the drop Yang?"

Yang: "huh, I actually don't know, hey Y/n, test it for us!"

Y/n: "NO NO NO NO NO! PLEASE WAIT! NOOOOOO!"
They threw me from the cliff, and the worst thing I can remember was them laughing! Their faces contorted into smiles of glee as they threw me to my death.

As  I was falling, I begged Oum, I begged the universe, I begged anyone who would listen that my family would be punished. I swore that I'd give anything to see it happen... then I hit the bottom of the cliff... and I died.
And there's nothing. Just unending darkness... and I heard a voice, it asked me if I wanted to get revenge on those who had hurt me, and did I want a second chance? Did I want to punish those who hurt me? Did I want to avenge my own death?.. and I said yes, more than anything yes!

And I was alive again, as if nothing happened... but I knew what had happened, their smiling faces as they tossed me to my death. I clenched my fists in anger as I felt my rage begin to boil up from inside me, but as I looked around it was night time, and I wasn't on Patch anymore, I found myself washed up on a tropical beach, the waves lapping against my already soaking wet body. I rolled onto my back and looked out at the stars above, so peaceful, so tranquil. My vision began to fade to black, and I fell unconscious...