Sober up

"'Cause you only hit me up when you've had too much to drink
And I know it doesn't count, but I love being your mistake
So I pretend that you mean all the words that you say to me
But I know when the sun is up it's over
Tell me how to make you love me sober"

-----------------------------------------------

It was 3 AM. Cody's phone rang and he jolted awake from his sleep. He looked at the caller ID. it's Elli's. He slid the lock screen and answered the call. 

"Els, where are you?" he asked. "Why'd you call me in 3 o'clock in the morning?"

"Cody, it's Shelley. we found her at the pub. she was badly stoned," Shelley said from her phone.

"Oh my god," I said. 

"Can you pick her up? she was crying and totally drunk." she asked. "She was missing back then after the shoot with Cody Christian this evening. and we found her here," Shelley added.

"Text me the location. I'll take her," Cody said as he grabbed his night robe and car key and headed to the front door. "Hang in there, Shel. I'll speed there," he said as he rushed to his car. 

Shelley, Tyler Posey, Dylan O'Brien and Holland was there with Elli until Cody came running into the bar and found her passing out. "How much she been drinking?" Cody asked.

"Two shots of remy martin, a scotch, bloody mary, singapore sling, a bottle of soju, raspberry wine, and two shots of black label."  the bartender listed.

"What the hell was she thinking?" Tyler said under his breath.

"She's been under pressure, Ty. I knew that since the first day Cody Christian commented in her instagram post, she'd been holding up. acting so strong although she was so frail," Dylan said, looking at Elli and caressing her hair.

"She held up to herself for quite sometime and I understand fully why she decided to get drunk instead of calling one of us and vented everything on us," Holland said. she had been seeing Elli as her little sister along these time they had been working together. 

"Els, let's get back home," Cody whispered to the drunk Elli.

"I can't go home, what if that guy found me at my home?" she said without knowing what she said.

"I'll be there, I'll protect you," Cody said while carrying the younger girl bridal style to his car.

"We owe you one, Code," Tyler said as he patted Cody's shoulder.

"No biggie, guys," Cody smiled as he settled the girl in the front seat and pulled out a quilt from the back seat and covered her skinny body.

the others left the bar and Cody drove the car to his apartment which was a few block from the bar. He took her in his arms protectively carrying her up to his apartment and he changed her clothes which reeks of alcohol. he washed her face with a damp towel and tucked her in the bed. 

"Coco, don't leave," She suddenly held Cody's hand in her sleep.

"I am not going anywhere Els," He smiled and laid next to her on his bed. 'I just wished you said this sober, not drunk like this, Els,' He hugged her with his beefy arms and drifted to sleep.

----

the next morning, Elliah opened her eyes to Cody next to her. she didn't remember a thing but she then snuggled into his chest and hugged his waist. she felt comfort in his arms. She didn't know where this would take her and this guy in the future. she didn't know what would happen to her and her ex, Cody Christian in the future neither. what she knew, she'd enjoy the comfort she found in the guy lying beside her. 

"That's rude you know?" Cody said as he chuckled over Elliah who was staring intensely to his jawline.

"I wasn't staring," She blushed as she tugged on Cody's T-shirt on her body. "Why am I wearing your Tee?" she asked.

"You were drunk, you were throwing up. I had to bathe and get you changed before I tucked you to sleep.

"Thanks, Code," she said, hugging the guy on his waist. 

"Now, let's get up and make breakfast. I know you're starving," He grinned as he heard her stomach grumbling. "You don't have to go to the kitchen. I know your head hurts right. the hangover really kicked in." He said as Elli nodded.

Cody then got up from the bed and walked to the kitchen and started making the healthy breakfast he always made every morning. this time, it wasn't only for himself but also for the other company he's got in his room.

"I don't know you made good breakfast other than mcdonalds and in n out, Code," She grinned

"Naturally eat healthy in the morning before corrupting my diet with junk food," He grinned. he then grabbed a pack of cigarettes from the drawer beside his bed and took his lighter out as he moved to the balcony to do his daily morning smoking intake. 

"Coco," she cooed as she walked out of the bed and gave the latter boy a back hug.

"Hmmm," he hummed gently as she pressed her head onto his back.

"Nothing, I just wanna say thank you for taking me out of the bar high on alcohol last night," She said.

"It's okay, Els. I'm glad to do that for you. you can always call me when you need someone to accompany you," Cody said with a genuine smile as he let the girl feel the warmth of his covered back. 'just don't call me only when you're drunk, Els,' again, he said that in his heart, without her knowing. 

'I am sorry, Coco. I think I still couldn't get over Christian that fast.' little that the latter boy knew, Elliah was still struggling getting Cody Christian out of her head.

---------------