Chapter 10

"...If I ain't got you." Lauren finished up as she strummed a few more chords and got up as the crowd cheered. Camila was staring at Lauren in awe as Lauren made her way down the stairs.

Camila was approaching Lauren when a man stopped them in the middle.

"Hey! I'm with EPIC and I'd like to sign you on my record deal. Your voice? Amazing! We've also been trying to look for more artists. You'd be great in the industry. Lauren, right?" The man said with a cheerful voice.

"Yeah, I'm Lauren and uh...I'll think about it." Lauren said.

"GREAT! Get back to me by tomorrow with your decision. Here's my card, available 24 hours, so call anytime. I'm Steven." Steven said as he pulled out a small business card from his pocket, handing it to Lauren as he then walked away.

"LAUREN. You just got offered a fucking record deal! You're literally living Kim Kardashian Hollywood game." Camila exclaimed and Lauren looked at her unsure.

"This is kind of big...he's talking about EPIC for God sakes. What if I don't live up to it? To the standards? I don't know."

"I want you to do it, but it's your choice."

"You really want me to?"

"Do you want to be a singer, Lauren Jauregui?"

"Of course, when I was little I always thought about it, now too. I just didn't think it would actually happen."

"Then go over there and tell that man you said yes, you'll do it. Go, before he leaves." Camila gestured to the averaged looking guy with the suit on at the counter.

"Okay." Lauren said as she nervously walked over to him and tapped him on his shoulder.

Steven turned around as his eyes brightened and he flashed her a smile.

"Already got your decision? Hope it's what I think it is!" He exclaimed.

"I'll do it."

"YES, come, we have to get to the studio so I can introduce you to the staff." Steven exclaimed and Lauren cocked her head to the side as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Shouldn't you introduce me to the main man? The boss or something?"

"You're looking at him, Lauren." Steven laughed as Lauren smiled.

"Can I bring someone with me over there?"

"Yes of course, is it that young girl over there? Of course she can come! I'll be waiting in the limo outside. See you then." Steven said as he fist pumped to himself as he walked outside.

Lauren walked back with one single thought in her head.

Welcome to the start of a new page in a new chapter of my life.

-

Camila and Lauren were in the studio as Steven motioned to Lauren.

"We're going to have a one to one talk, that is if you don't mind Camila."

"I don't! Go ahead," Camila said as Steven nodded and walked towards his office.

"Are you sure?" Lauren asked Camila as she simply nodded.

Lauren walked inside Steven's office as the door closed behind her.

"Take a seat, please." Steven smiled already sitting in his office chair.

"Lauren, as soon as we get papers signed, parents approval, I want you to go straight into recording. Then, I have a plan for you to go on tour with Demi Lovato as opening act or a guest act. How does that sound?"