03 - Lost

Unexpectedly, the camping wasn't as bad as Ji-min had imagined before. It was fun since Kim Tae-hyung was very busy with the activities he should join so they barely had a conversation which usually led them to make more trouble.

Kim Tae-hyung, unpredictably, was quite talented. He could do many things so he was chosen to do this and that. Now, he was practicing for the group performance for the talent show tonight. He was singing an old song with his deep baritone voice. He had got a strange taste of music. Of all songs, why did he choose a song that usually grandpa or grandma listened? But, Ji-min couldn't deny that he had got a wonderful voice.

Kim Tae-hyung. He always reminded Ji-min to Seok-Jin. Ah, how are you, Sunbae? Now, I'm taking care of your little brother.

"Sunbae!" The junior suddenly called before running toward Ji-min. "How was my voice? Was it good?" He asked, drawing his face closer to Ji-min. Some girls told me that when I sing, they immediately want to put me under their pants." He whispered proudly.

Ji-min tried so hard to hold his disgusted look to Kim Tae-hyung. This kid was totally gross. "Good then." Ji-min replied with a very fake smile.

"By the way, I've never heard you singing. Some friends told me that you can reach high note like... a chicken!" Kim Tae-hyung burst into laughter as he ran away from Ji-min.

Ji-min held his breath. If he had a free pass to commit crime, the first thing his would do was throwing that brat- who was busily chatting with some female seniors now- down the cliff.

***

"Sunbae! I can't find Tae-hyung anywhere! We're supposed to have our rehearsal in thirty minutes!" Han Chan-yeol reported in panic. "He told us that he wanted to look around an hour ago but he hasn't return yet. His phone cannot be reached."

Kim Tae-hyung was such a pain in the ass. Where did he go now?

"Are you sure you have tried to find him?" Ji-min asked trying to stay calm.

"Y- yes, Sunbae. Su-ho, Jun-sik and I have tried to look for him, but we still couldn't find him!"

Ji-min needed to think fast. If he reported this to Namjoon-hyung, he was sure that it would create a ruckus since Namjoon-hyung could easily get panic attack and the whole camping activities would be ruined. He should try to find Kim Tae-hyung by himself. It's his responsibility as the group leader. He knew this place quite well since he had camped in this camping ground for several times. It would be easy for him to find Kim Tae-hyung.

"Listen, you and the other group members stay here and keep practicing. Make sure your phone is on so I can call you if I need help. If I'm not coming back in an hour without any news, you have to report this to Namjoon-hyung." Ji-min explained calmly, though he was not actually. He was just pretending to be brave.

"He was last seen going into the wood." Chan-yeol added.

"OK. Just wait here and do what I said." Ji-min made sure of his junior understood what he said before going into the wood. He didn't realize that a faint chuckle came out of Chan-yeol lips.

The brown haired junior dialed a number on his phone and the name Kim Tae-hyung was clearly seen on the screen. "Target's moving." he reported to the guy on the other line.

A black haired boy appeared behind him. "Chan-yeol, don't you think this is too much? He's our group leader. He always treats us nicely."

Chan-yeol turned his back and stared at the other man. "It's just a game, Jun-sik. He'll be fine. Tae-hyung is waiting for him in the wood."

Not knowing that he came into the trap Kim Tae-hyung had set for him, Ji-min tried his best to overcome his fear of the dark. He went straight into the woods. He was safe as long as he brought a flashlight and his phone.

The black haired boy stopped when he saw a girl standing alone just before he entered the wood. Who was she? Is she a part of the group? What was she doing here?

"Hey, Miss. What are you doing here?" Ji-min asked hesitating, pointing his torch toward the girl. He started to be unsure whether the girl in front of him was a human or not. The girl was giving him a thrill.

"Ah, Sunbae." Ji-min was relieved that she was a human. "I'm sorry. I was calling my boyfriend. We've got something to talk about privately." She replied awkwardly.

Maybe she was having a fight with his boyfriend. Ji-min could tell from the girl's watery eyes.

"You should go back to the camp. It's dangerous to be here alone." Ji-min suggested softly.

"Yes, Sunbae." The girl answered before returning back to the camp.

"Ah, do you know Kim Tae-hyung? The famous Kim Tae-hyung." Stopped Ji-min, "Did you see him around here?"

The girl stopped. She was thinking for a few second. "Ah, yes! He went over there." the girl informed him with a bright smile.

"OK, thanks! Be careful!"

Ji-min waved at the girl before disappearing in the wood and getting-

LOST.

"Shit, I got lost." He cursed softly. He turned on his phone and tried to call Chan-yeol but it was no use since there was no signal here. Ji-min then regretted his decision to find Kim Tae-hyung alone. He shouldn't try to look brave at the first place.

"Kim Tae-hyung! Where are you?" Ji-min shouted not giving up. "Answer me if you hear me!"

Ji-min kept wandering into the wood. He needed to find Kim Tae-hyung as fast as possible. This place was quite dangerous to go alone. "Why did I risk myself to find him?" he grumbled.

"Kim Tae- Ahhh!!"

The black haired man lost his balance as he slipped and fell into a small slope. He groaned in pain as he sprained his ankle and cut his arm. Luckyly, he broke his eyeglasses. It made him barely saw anything. He tried to reach his phone which fell not so far from him hoping that he still could get any help. SOS maybe. However, he couldn't help it since his phone was broken.

"Perfect, Park Ji-min. Now, how am I supposed to find Kim Tae-hyung."

***

"Hey, Chan-yeol. Why does it take so long for him to get here? You said he had moved thirty minutes ago."

Kim Tae-hyung called the other boy annoyed. It was getting colder in the wood and he got no sign of Park Ji-min.

"Tae-hyung. We've got problem. Sunbae is gone. Some seniors are looking at him now. You better go back." The boy in the other line explain. He sounded so panic.

"Don't joke with me. You gave him the righ direction, didn't you? How could he got lost? I even can see the camping ground from here."

"I'm serious. Please, go back. I'm afraid the seniors will know that this is our fault."

Kim Tae-hyung sighed hard. "No matter what happen, don't tell the seniors. I'm going into the woods."