02 - The Cat and Dog

Everyone in the room was busy preparing themselves for the class while Ji-min was putting his head on his desk lifeless. He had got morning class today and he barely could sleep since his friendly new neighbor had banged his wall all night. What the hell did Kim Tae-hyung do all night? With that girl? Ji-min's pure and virgin mind couldn't be contaminated with such a thing.

Didn't he know that bringing girl at the dorm was a violation to the dorm rules?

"Hey, Ji-min! This is the group for the camping tomorrow."

Oh. Hell. Namjoon-hyung.

The black haired man suddenly appeared in his classroom, handling a piece of paper. Ji-min had just realized that they would have a camping trip as the closing party for the welcoming days. This time he really prayed so hard that he wouldn't be in one group with Kim Tae-hyung or his life would be totally perfect.

"Perfect, isn't it?" Nam-joon asked with a proud tone. "I made it all night with my wise thought."

Ji-min's eyes scanned through the list of names in the paper. So far so good. "Per-" Ji-min couldn't finish his words as he saw the name Kim Tae-hyung was right under his name as the group leader. "NO! NAM-JOON HYUNG!" he shouted loudly.

Everyone in the classroom was looking at him feeling disturbed.

"Why did you scream? You're embarrassing me." Nam-joon whispered.

"I don't want Kim Tae-hyung in my group. Pleaseee... Please, hyung." Ji-min begged.

"Why? Is there something wrong with him?"

Ji-min couldn't answer the questions. Kim Tae-hyung was an absolute mistake. He had humiliated him, moved next door and disturbed him with all dirty noises from his room all night. Ji-min couldn't stand him anymore. He wanted his peaceful life back. Without Kim Tae-hyung existence.

However, he couldn't tell the truth. After everything he knew about Kim Tae-hyung, he didn't want the junior get in trouble, or actually, Ji-min didn't want to get any trouble with a rich family. Rich family would drag you to hell if you messed with them. That was what Ji-min watched from the soap opera he and his mom watched every weekend. Ji-min had been so lucky Kim Seok-jin didn't report him to the police for sending him love letter and a song.

"No. No. There's nothing wrong with him." Ji-min backed up.

"So... deal?"

Ji-min nodded giving up.

This was the last time he would do something for Kim Tae-hyung. Just pretend to be a good sunbae for him and the camping trip would end very well after that find another dorm room and your peaceful life will be back, Park Ji-min. No Kim Tae-hyung. No Kim Seok-jin.

***

"OK, everyone! Get on the bus now!" Commanded Nam-joon as the vice committee.

Ji-min took a deep breath as the neat lines of freshmen broke out like bees colony. They were getting on the bus enthusiastically as they would have the climax for their welcoming days. The camping trip- every freshmen favorite activities since there would be no border between junior and senior. Years to years, the junior always used this chance to make more friends, hook up with their senior, even date them. But, this was no fun for Ji-min.

Han Chan-yeol.

Lee Jung-sik.

Min Su-ho.

One by one, Ji-min group members greeted him nicely as they got on the bus and looked for a place to sit. They were the last group getting on the bus.