Chapter Twenty-Five

Last chapter for this story! I will have another post or two in this story about helping me decide what I should write next. Please look for those.

Also, I just want to say thank you for reading this story and sticking with me. I know I haven't always been the most consistent with posts, but you have no idea how much it means to me to see reoccurring readers and even new ones who join in. Thank you all so much and let's continue this journey together in future books for this series.

~Zelinith :)

The following day...

Arwen and her older twin brothers were currently standing outside of Legolas' room in the Healing Wing. They had been ushered away the day before when they tried to visit him after their Adar had fixed the elfling up, but Celebrian and Elrond had both pulled the three children aside, telling them that they needed to leave him alone until the following day. The King had gone to his son and it was best for them to comfort one another.

Now it was the morning and the three elves were quite excited, although a bit wary, to see their little friend once more. After staring at the door for a good few minutes, Arwen finally placed her hand on the handle, slowly turning it. Quietly the door opened, the three peeking inside. Seeing that Legolas was alone and stirring awake, they hurried in, pushing the door closed behind them as they rushed over to his bed.

Batting her two brothers away, Arwen sat down beside the elfling, gently brushing back his hair. Blue eyes blinked open, locking onto the elleth's face. Recognizing who it was, a small smile appeared.

"Wen." Legolas said softly, his voice laced with pain. Hearing him call her by the nickname he had given her when he was just a toddler, Arwen immediately crumbled, bringing the elfling into a warm hug.

"Oh, Legolas." Arwen breathed him in, tears brimming in her eyes. "We were so worried. We-we didn't know if you would come back to us..." She trailed off.

Legolas wiggled a bit out of her arms. Staring up at her, a sly grin flashed across his face. "I couldn't leave you alone, Wen. Those two orcs would have been even meaner to you if I wasn't around." His voice slightly cracked at the end, but Arwen beamed down at the Prince, wiping away her tears as laughter erupted out of her at the sound of indignant calls from behind.

When the twins had heard the elfling call them orcs, they had been putting together something for his pain. Both immediately rushed over, pushing their sister out of the way. They plopped themselves down next to Legolas, peering into his pale face.

"How dare you call us orcs!" Elrohir playfully bantered back. "If anything, Dan looks far more like an orc than I do. He's the crueler one."

"We are identical!" Elladan pushed his brother off the bed. "If I must be an orc than so must you as well!"

"Well, at least I don't act like one!"

"If I recall, who was the one that wanted to pour hot honey onto Erestor when-"

"Did we end up doing it?!"

"No, but you thought of it and-"

"Then it is irrelevant." Elrohir sat back down onto the bed, ruffling Legolas' hair. All three elves watched as the Prince laughed, highly amused by the twins antics. Arwen, who had been forced off the bed earlier, came back with the pain drought for Legolas. Before her brothers could make the elfling laugh even more, she nudged them aside and offered the cup to the elfling.

"Here, Legolas, drink this to chase away the pain." Grimacing, he took the cup and stared down into it, not wanting to drink the bitter mix. He knew he would be forced to drink it no matter what, so he brought the cup to his lips and chugged it as quickly as he could.

"Did you even breathe?" Elrohir questioned the Prince, watching as he handed the cup back to Arwen, huffing slightly.

"No, Ro." He smiled at the twin.

"Well, little Princeling," Elladan began with mischief in his eyes, "What shall we do, all cooped up in here today?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once again the elves and one Maiar were sitting in Elrond's office, discussing the events that had recently taken place.

"I am still worried." The Lord of Imladris said, his brow furrowed in thought. "Although Thranduil killed Morohtar, his last words are not comforting."

"No," Celeborn joined in, "They are not. But it should be expected that there will be others who will want to try and kill Legolas like he said, due to the importance he has for the future of Middle-Earth."

"That is good and all," Thranduil softly spoke, his deep voice laced with slight worry. "And I love my Greenleaf more than anything... but Morohtar mentioned that we should 'watch him, and see what he does.' Does that mean my son, or someone else? There is the cause of my concern."

"Whatever it is," Celebrian said, "There is time that must pass in order for future events to come, whatever they end up being."

"At least we know what killed that patrol. That beast-like creature was clearly the one to inflict those wounds on them, but at least he was dead when we found him." The Balrog Slayer grimaced. Mithrandir perked up at this.

"Dead? He was still alive when we left him in the cell."

"Clearly someone had taken matters into their own hands before we were able to reach him. I think it is probably for the best." Erestor replied.

Finally Galadriel spoke up before anything else could be said, gazing out of the large window. "For now we must watch the dear Prince carefully. The one who ended the beast is long gone and will have to wait for another day to do anything. I only hope we are prepared for what will come after that..."

THE END... for now...