Arrival

I ran. I had no reason to. Xander  already made it to the library. The others didn't bother trying to keep up. Why would they? The urgency of my need for his trust was lost on them. In some ways, it was a good thing. They stood with me despite a fold members inability to do the same.

"Xander." I called when I made it to the house, but I received no reply.

My legs rushed to the foyer. I found him, grabbing his keys to leave the home.

"Wait. Please. If you would just listen."

"I've heard enough." He roared. "I don't care what happened in your dreams. I know what has happened in this world. In this reality. You're cursed, and I won't just stand by while you take my brother down with you."

The others had caught up and Damion took my hand into his.

"Whatever her curse, she didn't ask for it. You have no right to continue your anger towards her." He said in my defense. He was wrong of course, but we had no idea.

"You have no right to try telling me how to feel brother. No right whatsoever." He hurried to rush out the door, but stopped cold in his tracks.

"Leaving so soon?" Her polished voice had everyone tense in her presence.

"Rebecca."

I called, not thinking clearly. She didn't know me. Damion was standing by my side with a bow created to kill her kind, and I had summoned her myself. Not quite the introduction I had hoped for.

Xander stepped aside for her to enter and dropped his keys on to the table behind the door. He wouldn't be leaving anymore. She just stared at me, hazel orbs soaking my stature in. Running her fingers through her blonde strands. Not at all impressed. I was sure of it.

"Did you bring out your toys for me?" She laughed in reference to what Damion grasp in his hand.

"Josephine was just losing her temper again."

What the hell?

Xander explained away my efforts as if I was a spoiled child throwing a fit.

"Poor little sprite. Those aren't for children you know. You shouldn't touch what's not yours." Beccs was far more annoying than I remembered.

I don't even know how I did it. I spun so fast, the bow was already out of Damion's grasp, and the arrow nocked in place. Aimed straight for Rebecca's chest. It was instinctive. Easy. Unwise.

She raised a brow as she looked me over. The others slow in their motions, but they crept toward me, defensive, not wanting me to rile up a ruler.

"This weapon isn't something you should know about Beccs. Of course, I'm sure Nate told you a few things I know myself. Perhaps you should drop the formalities and just talk to me like the spoiled little twat you really are, while everyone behind me backs the hell off." I heard a few growls. I wasn't interested in which ones administered them. I kept my focus on her.

"You little bitch. How dare you.."

"Talk to you like that? It wouldn't be the first time love. In fact, I know you all too well, and yes, I have a few things for you to play with. Don't act like you're above it darling. We both know I've peaked your interest." I didn't recognize my own voice. Not in my reality. A dream. Yes, but being around her, I felt more alive than ever before.

"A game?" Her eyes glistemed.

"Yes. Want to play?" I loose the arrow as I asked and she grasp it to halt at her chest. Never in any danger. I knew she would be more than swift enough. Far quicker than the others.