Retrogress

As I rolled over to the blank space beside me, I twinged my nose at the smell filling the air of my home. My eyes were still closed, but I recognized to clank of pans and the sizzle of what was producing the aroma. Someone was rummaging through my kitchen.

Remembering the events of the night, I cautiously peeled open my eyes. A red tinge, highlighted the pillows beneath me. My neck must have
seeped more fluid in my sleep. I lifted my right hand to touch the abrasion. It wasn't bad. He had been cautious with his intrusion on my body. The notion wasn't like him. Not what I knew him to be anyway.

I re-positioned my body to check the time on my phone. I only had a few spare hours before I would need to go into work. My mind groaned, wondering how I would hide the literal love bite on my neck.

"Good morning gorgeous." His melodious voice called from the kitchen.

He was still trying to keep me calm with his tone. I recognised the intent this time, or what I knew of it anyways. The monster was attempting to compel my emotions, actions most likely as well. I tried to stay calm. I could run, but it would be of no use. He could catch me in seconds, less than that if he wished. I could scream, but in this neighborhood, no one would respond to the usual sounds of their surroundings.

How can I explain what I felt in that moment? On one hand, I knew him better than anyone, once upon a time. On the other, this wasn't a dream, and how well could a dream have actually represented a true monster? The town I had moved to was one thing, but now, I had a living creature from my dreams in my home. He had been inside of me.

I shuddered at the thought. The realisation of what had happened, and the painful certainty, I would asked him to do it again. It shouldn't have already been in my mind to desire, yet, there it was, haunting me.

I rolled out of the bed, wrapping the free blankets over my exposed body in the process. Our clothes were still scattered across the floor. My eyes widened as I began to search for his pants, and sighed in relief when I saw they were missing. The fact that he was shirtless in my home, was enough of a burden. His firm torso glooming over my stove top, already had me on edge.

"Hungry?" He called again when I still hadn't sent a response.

Are you?

The thought burned in my head. He had barely fed the night before, far less than his usual meals. No doubt, it had been a part of his desire for release. That, and the fact, in some strange twisted way, he wanted to make love to me properly. Properly for a vampire anyway.

Vampire.

My skin speckled with the rise of bumps as the word penetrated my thoughts. They were real, and the flashes of a drunken night at a certain bar came rushing in. The blonde girl that had straddled this monster. She was feeding on him. His fingers rummaged her insides as she poured onto them.

I felt myself grow sick. My mind should have been more concerned with what they were, but I only felt the growing desire to expel my insides, because of the fact he had touched another woman. I was sick to say the least. Sick in the head. No sane person would share these concerns. No sane person would still be standing in silence either.

I shook my head in an attempt to regain my composure. I would need to coerce both my mind and body, into acting like a normal human being. A human with no previous experience with vampires. I couldn't tell him. There was no way of knowing what this version would truly feel towards me at the revelation.

"I'm not hungry." I finally heaved out while I began to gather my clothes for work. My dresser rested on the open wall, and I could see him when he called his reply.