Mall? Definition Please.

Damian's POV

I can not recall ever going to the mall. I don't think I've been. I, also, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"Come on Demon, let's go already" yells Todd from his..."car". From the moment I've stepped in Gotham, I've never been in a car that isn't expensive and prone to make people jealous. To now step into such a basic, small, red car feels so degrading. It also smells of cigarette smoke; which is expected yet repulsive, nonetheless.

When we finally got to the mall- which was hell to drive to- we had to find parking. I was not aware of the fact that finding parking can take as long as the ride to the destination until today. It was a hassle but the mall itself extraordinary. I was instantaneously upset with Grayson who never took me to this place. It would be Father that I direct my disappointment toward, but after a few months of living in Gotham, I gave up on him teaching me of the world outside of fighting crime.

Jason's POV

When we get out of the car, I look over to examine if the kid's alright. He's looking in awe of the building's architecture and the bright light of the Christmas trees. It was cute to see the childish side of him but I felt sad. Bruce never even took him to the mall? What, had Damian only left to go on patrol? I shake off my thoughts and look at him with a smile. "Stop staring at the lights or you'll go blind. Let's go inside." He looks at me and nods.

When we are in the mall, Damian looks at all the shops in awe. "Do people really buy all of this stuff. To whom is this amount of shoes a necessity?" I nearly chuckle at his behavior. He's cute and innocent right now. He's usually a sarcastic, moody, poker-faced Demon Spawn, but right now he's kind of like...a regular kid...

Damian's POV

I can see Todd looking at me from the corner of my eyes. It's a nuisance for sure, but not one I can not endure. Beside that, I am currently occupied and simply have no time for foolish banter. This place, it's filled with hoards of busy people carrying multiple huge bags, pretzel stands, and small rides. I am in awe that nobody has thought to bring me here. I never even knew it existed.

Todd brought me into a store that was filled with edgy clothing, almost stuff he would wear. They had a children's section and when we approached it, Todd stopped walking.

Jason's POV

I've been thinking about it ever since Damian told me he had left the Manor. It would be weird for Red Hood to go out with Robin on patrol. It surely wouldn't go unnoticed. So, I brought him to the store to pick out something to wear, as my own little sidekick. Also, if it turns out that his stay is extended, he'd need something to live in.

"Here, Demon. You have $110 max since clothes are overpriced here. Pick out some clothing. I figure these should be around your size." He replied with "tt" and I let him loose. But, he didn't move. It was like he didn't know the first step.

Damian's POV

I watched as Todd went to another section of the store and then turned back to the clothing. It was then that it had come to my attention that I had never been over what clothes I wore. People either bought it for me or it was required as uniform. I looked over the racks with my eyes and no attempt to touch anything.

How do I do this? I thought silently to myself. This task might be more difficult than I anticipated. "What are you waiting for? Go and pick something to wear," Todd said, finally, before walking away. He said it like this was supposed to be easy.

I ran my fingers through the different clothing, trying to find a fabric I was comfortable with, but I found nothing. I was stuck with my last resort. Using Todd's style as a compass.

I looked through the clothing and found three simple shirts, each for $15.00. I picked a black one, a red one, and the brown. Then I found a pair of jeans, a pair of brown pants, a red and black jacket, and a grey headband and brought it back to Todd.

"Here. I've finished." I say as I hand the handful of clothes over to him. I could tell he was shocked.

Jason's POV

I looked through the clothes Damian had chosen and was kind of proud of his fashion sense. He chose the black shirt first- I saw it as I was walking away- but after what looked like a moment of thought, he picked up the red and grey shirt and the pairs of jeans. The choices reminded myself of me.

Did he choose these based on what he's seen me wearing? Or is it just a shared taste?

I wonder~

A/N: Okay. Thanks for reading this during the hiatus. I've been getting comments asking for an update and what you asked for you have received. Also, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more stories like this.

Ttyl my little readers.