Chapter 9

"So we are leaving in about an hour or so when everyone finishes packing up all of the gear. Do you want to stay and hang with us?" Luke asks, hope evident in his words.

"Of course! I would love to get to know my boyfriend's best friends a little better - as long as it's okay with them? I say, looking towards Michael, Calum and Ashton.

"We would love to have you stay! We need to get to know our best friend's girlfriend a lot better too!" Calum yells and I giggle.

"Hey guys, what about a game of truth or dare?" Ashton asks with a devious smile and I find my nervousness once again beginning to grow.

"No, dares always end really badly." Luke says before any of the others can answer.

"Fine. We will play it with out the dares - only truths - that way we can all get better acquainted." Ashton replies, conceding that dares may not be the best idea.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this whole game idea, but I don't have the guts to object.

"Okay, lets play." I announce, taking a seat in the middle of the floor.

"Really? Are you sure?" Luke questions, a look of concern plastered on his face. Honestly, he seems more worried about this than me.

I just nod in reply, and the four of them join me on the floor to form a small circle. I find myself sitting in between Luke and Calum, with Ashton sitting on the other side of Luke and Michael on the other side of Calum.

"Who wants to start?" I ask as no one has said anything since we sat down.

"Ladies first." Michael says with a wink. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Luke give him a warning look but I choose to ignore it.

"Okay...umm..." I stutter as I try to think of a question for one of them.

"Don't think too hard. It's only the first round so it doesn't matter if its easy." Ashton whispers into my ear. His voice is comforting and gives me the courage to finally take my turn.

"Calum...do you have a girlfriend?" I ask before looking down at my lap.

"Talk about a cliche and boring first question! But I guess we're still warming up. No, I don't have a girlfriend, not at the moment. Now it's my turn!"

I look up and find that his gaze lands on me.

"Ellie..."