Chapter 8

"Come with me, the boys should be in our dressing room."

He takes my hand and leads me towards a door marked '5 Seconds of Summer'. To be perfectly honest, I am petrified. I know that these boys are like brothers to Luke and therefore I feel like I am meeting his family - not just his band - for the first time.

Luke reaches for the door handle, but as he does so, voices can be heard from the other side of the door that separates Luke and I from who I assume is Calum, Michael and Ashton. Luke pauses.

"What is going on? Has he spoken to any of you about it?" One of the asks in a whisper.

"He hasn't said anything - I think we are all just as confused as each other!" Another says.

"Who is she though? I've never seen her before!" A third voice adds.

Their conversation and my thoughts are interrupted by Luke finally opening the door. His expression is neutral as he takes in the mixture of shock, confusion and guilt conveyed on the face's of the three boys that stand before us.

"Hi boys." Luke says calmly. "There's someone that I would like you all to meet."

I muster up all of my courage and step out from behind Luke.

"This is Ellie. My girlfriend." He says, gesturing to me. "Elle, this is Ashton, Michael and Calum."

He points to each of the boys as he introduces them and I am pleased to see that my earlier presumptions of who was who were in fact correct.

"Hi! I'm Ashton, it a pleasure to meet you Ellie!" Ashton says with a smile.

"I'm Michael!"

"My name's Calum. I noticed you watching us from the side of the stage earlier - what did you think of the show?"

"Yeah, Luke asked me to come and watch. I thought you were amazing! You definitely have a lot of...energy." I say to the overly energetic boys in front of me.

"We try." Says Ashton with a hint of a smirk. "So how did you two meet and how long have you been a couple? Luke has been keeping us in the dark..."

"We have been together -" Luke begins before glancing down at his watch. "- about ten, maybe fifteen, minutes."

"But we met a few days ago, near my house." I add.

"Well...welcome to the family!" Calum exclaims loudly, making me jump slightly.

"Thank you." I reply and my smile is once again genuine, something that has happened a lot over the past few days. And I owe it all to Luke.