"we're officially all alone" - 10

Start from the beginning

"Awe, okay." Olivia shrugged. Miseo looked up to still see Lami still fixated on her hair.

When Miseo's eyes traveled around the vanity, something caught her eye. She gulped nervously, as she started down at the red lipstick standing on the table.

It reminded her of the dream, with the lady with red lipstick. The one where it showed how the dreamers got their supernatural powers.

She gripped her dress, trying to breathe properly again. Why was remembering that woman giving her anxiety? Was there more for her to remember or see through the dreams?

"Uhm, may I take a shower?" Miseo suddenly asked, causing the other girls to furrow their eyebrows.

"We haven't even done any makeup yet." Lami whined looking at her through the mirror.

"I know, I just, I'm not a makeup person. And..." She stopped for a moment to think of an excuse. "and, I smell bad."

"Huh?"

"Like really bad, from all the drinking at the party." Miseo added while nodding her head. "Can I please use your shower?" She begged, turning over to look at everyone.

"I guess I'll just practice makeup on myself." Lami shrugged, with a small frown.

"The bathroom is the room right across this one." Ryujin told her, pointing towards the door. "I'll leave some clothes for you to wear afterwards."

"Thanks," Miseo have them a small smile before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. She looked around in the hallways a little before proceeding to the bathroom.

When she locked the bathroom door behind her, she turned on the water in the shower and started to undress herself.

"I saw you and Miseo," Donghyuck suddenly blurted while walking beside Renjun.

Renjun flinched in surprise at Donghyuck's words, quickly looking around to make sure no one was near them.

"Yeah..." He mumbled, remembering the kiss they had shared at the party.

"So you two a thing?" Donghyuck asked, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"No, she doesn't like me like that." Renjun replied sadly, forcing a weak smile. Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows.

"How do you know?" He questioned.

"When I...kissed her, she acted like nothing had happened." Renjun couldn't help but frown, remembering when he quickly walked away in embarrassment.

"It's what girls do. They go into complete shock, especially if it was their first kiss." Donghyuck assured, patting Renjun's back roughly.

"I..I don't think that's the case, Hyuck." Renjun admitted, averting his gaze to the ground. "Have you ever...liked someone... like... like-like...?"

Donghyuck suddenly choked on air, hearing Renjun's question, making Renjun suspicious of the boy.

"That's a lot of likes you said there, wow." Donghyuck was definitely being suspicious. "You said it like...four times." Hyuck started laughing a little.

"Why are you changing the subject?" Renjun questioned, looking at Donghyuck with a raised eyebrow.

"What? I'm not." He argued. "And no, I don't like anyone like that,,,,right now..." Hyuck looked up from the ground, making eye contact with Renjun, who's eyebrows were still raised.

"Anyways, how do you think Miseo is doing right now?" Renjun decided to change the subject, since his friend was acting strange.

"I don't know, good, I guess..?" Now it was Donghyuck who was being awkward.

"Yeah, It can't be that hard for her to make friends, right? Especially if it's the same sex" Renjun more assured himself than Hyuck.

Donghyuck was about to open his mouth to comment something, but Renjun quickly added into what he just said.

"–that's not sexist." He added, and Donghyuck, slowly closed his mouth again.

"Actually, it's not as easy as you think." Donghyuck commented instead, as he quickened his pace.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Renjun questioned as he watched Donghyuck walk further ahead of him.

"Nothing, let's just hurry to the others." Donghyuck replied, as he already started speed walking away.