"i could get used to this" - 04

"Is that the gate you were talking about?" Jisung asked, pointing the the big bars in front of them. Jeongin nodded.

"Yup," he replied as he stepped forward, clicking a small and hidden button on the walls around them. It was a few seconds of silence before they could hear footsteps approaching them from the other side of the gate.

A manly figure showed himself with a mask on, as he stood there just staring blankly. Jisung was about to open his mouth again, but the man took off his mask, revealing a handsome young man, exactly what they were not expecting. Before they could react, the young man opened his mouth.

"Jeongin!" He exclaimed, opening his arms for a hug, but soon realizing there was a gate right in between them. "Oh, right." He chuckled cutely, as he opened the gate using a key, not wasting any time and pulling Jeongin into a hug.

"Lucas-hyung!" Jeongin exclaimed, currently getting squeezed to death by the guy named Lucas.

"It's been too long since you last visited us. How's Paris?" Lucas asked, looking around anxiously, but then noticing Paris on Mark's back. "Awe, isn't she a cutie!"

"Yeah yeah, but, um, is it okay if we stay here? Permanently?" Jeongin asked straight up, causing the taller to shoot him a confused glare.

"I thought you guys were okay? Where's your mom?" After Lucas's words, Jeongin's mood immediately dropped, Lucas noticed and his expression changed. "What...what happened..?"

"The Androids. She told us to come here, while she tried to take care of the Androids." Chenle replied for Jeongin, stepping forward for Lucas to acknowledge the other eight's presence.

"Oh," was all he could muster, feeling sympathy for the younger. "Who's your new friends?" He tried to change the subject, making eye contact with Jeongin.

"They're other survivors we found, and they're new to all of this, so it would help if you could teach them more about what happened." Jeongin answered, and Lucas raised an eyebrow in confusion but just nodded silently.

"Well, please make yourself at home. This place is huge." Lucas assured as he closed and locked the gate behind them. "I'm Lucas, if you didn't know, and over there is where the survivors of Nanarrow are." Lucas greeted sending them a charming smile while gesturing them towards the dark hallway.

"Look for someone named Suho and they'll help you guys get settled here." Jeongin added, as he stayed behind and talked with Lucas. The eight were hesitant, but followed when Mark walked first through the hallway.

What was at the end of the hallways was not what they had expected. It led to a huge place, where many people could be seen, in front of them was the big cafeteria, with people sitting and talking. They could see many places, rooms and staircases that led to numerous of stuff they had. This place was like every dream hideout, it practically had every resource they need to live. It was perfect.

"I could get used to this." Donghyuck joked as he walked in front and admired the big place carefully. He was more into the cafeteria than anything else he could see.

"Hyuck, he said look for someone named Suho. We don't have time to sit around and play– oH MY GOSH IS THAT A MINI ARCADE?!" Jeno got distracted from what he was trying to say earlier, and immediately ran towards the arcade room, Jaemin and Jisung following behind.

"Oh my goodness." Mark face palmed himself as he tried to walk forward, staying on track. "They're so immature, we're supposed to get settled here from the Suho guy," Mark whined, and Hyuck felt bad as he opened his mouth.

"Sorry, hyung, but free food is right over there, and I haven't eaten since this morning, so Imma go!" Donghyuck apologized as he after Mark's back and ran away towards the cafeteria before Mark could have a reaction.