XXII ~ It's Not His Fault

"Is this your girlfriend?" The confused Mikey asked. I instantly felt my heart sink. Gerard's girlfriend? He really doesn't remember me? Gerard looked over at me with worried and sad eyes. Mikey continued to look confused.

"What? Did you guys like break up or something?" He reached up and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. 

"M-Mikey, y/n is your girlfriend." Gee sputtered out. Mikey furrowed his eyebrows.

"No, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Mikey, you and y/n have been together for months." Gerard said, letting me get closer to him. I walked up and took his hand into mine. He pulled it away which made my heart shatter more than it has.

"Gerard, I've never dated her. I don't even recognize her." 

"What?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes. 

"I'm sorry uh.. y/n... I just don't think I've ever dated you." Mikey shook his head awkwardly. 

"Excuse me." I said while walking out of the room. The tears were full on falling at this point. I didn't stop walking until I got outside. I pressed my back up against the wall and slid down since my knees couldn't support me any more. The tears were a never ending waterfall flowing down my cheeks and staining my shirt. 

The love of my life, my soulmate, my best friend, doesn't know I'm his girlfriend. He doesn't even know who I am. I know I said that I'd be fine, that I'd make him remember me, but I'm not. How am I supposed to make him remember me. How can I convince him that he loves me? Loved  me. How can I make him remember me? 

I was so lost in my thought and tears, that I didn't even see Frank or Ray come up to me. The had been giving me a hug on both of my sides. I lifted my head to look at him.

"Is Mikey okay?" Ray asked worried. I wiped away a few tears so that I could see clearer. I nodded my head.

"H-he's awake. But d-doesn't remember m-me." I stuttered, still sniffling back tears. Frank's eyes widened as Ray gasped. 

"Y/n, I'm so sorry." Ray said while pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his shoulder. Frank had his hand on my shoulder rubbing it. 

"He will remember you eventually. I know he will." Frank assured.

"Was I that unimportant to him t-that he doesn't remember me?" I cried. 

"Nononono sweat heart. You meant the world to him y/n. He loved you more than you could imagine. Before he got into the accident, he wouldn't stop talking about how much he loves you and how he just wanted to kiss and hold you 24/7." Ray chuckled. I felt a blush rise on my cheeks but I covered it with a giggle. I let go of Ray and leaned back against the wall.

"Do you want to go back in there?" Frank asked while letting go of my shoulder. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. Ray pulled me up with him and slung an arm around my shoulder.

"I love you guys." I barely said while leaning against Ray.

"We love you too y/n." Frank replied with a smile. I smiled up until we reached his room door. Frank walked in first, then Ray, then me. 

Mikey's eyes lit up when he saw the two boys. "Hey Ray, hey Frank." He greeted them. Hearing him remember him and not me made the broken pieces feel stepped on. I squeezed onto the side of Mikey's hoodie I was wearing to keep calm. 

"How are you feeling?" Frank asked while patting Mikey's leg.

"A little sore but other than that I feel fine." Mikey replied while sitting up a bit. I took a seat at the window sill. There was a padded bench that I have been sleeping on. I stared out the window most nights when I couldn't sleep. Gerard looked at me sad that I didn't sit close to Mikey. I shook it off.