Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

I won't lie and say that I wasn't relieved because I do admit that I was nervous and wasn't sure if I was ready yet to face him after that kiss.

But I also won't lie and say that I wasn't disappointed at all.

And a little bit insecure.

Okay, a LOT insecure.

I mean, what if the kiss doesn't mean as much to him as it did to me?

What if he just saw it as an act?

What if he thinks it was a mistake?

Fuck, I need to stop these thoughts.

It was just a kiss okay. Forget what Jennie unnie said.

A kiss doesn't have to mean anything.

Liar.

Swearing under my breath, I turned my body over so that I could bury my face inside the pillow.

Just when I thought that I could finally die without oxygen in peace, my phone started ringing from across the room.

I threw it over there two hours ago before I do something dumb like send Jungkook a message and ask about the kiss.

Yeah, so not doing that.

Getting up as slowly as I can, I mindlessly reached for my cell phone on the floor near my bed and put the phone to my ear without checking the caller.

"Hello."

"Hello, is this McDonalds?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I checked my phone once again to see that it was Jimin's number.

"Park Jimin?"

"Oh my God how did you know my name? Does this mean that I get a discount?"

Huh? What the hell is this guy going on about?

"I'm sorry but why did you call me again?", I asked in a dry tone.

"Duh, to order burgers of course.", he stopped to hear whatever the other guy beside him is saying, "Oh yeah, we need you to come get us too."

This time I was beyond confused.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Wait... You sound a lot like Lisa..."

"I am Lisa."

"Whoa whoa! Lisa? Since when did you work at McDonalds?"

"I'm not working at McDo-"

And that's when I heard the faint buzz of music coming from the background, "Are you guys at a club?"

"What? No. We're at a bar. There's a difference."

I didn't miss the way he slurs the last word, "Don't tell me you're drunk."

"What? Drunk? Tch, nope. I'm not drunk.", a loud thump sounded before he let out a curse, "Fuck, I'm sorry man. Didn't see you there."

"Uh...."

"Dude! Have you called the taxi or not? And why are you apologizing to the chair?"

I raised my eyebrows when I heard Taehyung's voice.

"Oh Taetae my man! I'm currently on the phone with Lisa. Did you know she works at McDonalds now?"

"I'm not working at McDonalds!", I shouted at the phone just as Taehyung asked, "She's working at the McDonalds? You know what, just give me the phone."

A little sound of protest before Taehyung's voice came into the phone, "Lisa?"

"Hi.", I said with no emotion whatsoever.

"You're really working at McDonalds?"

"What? No. Jimin called me just now."

"Oh.", he said distractedly.

I suddenly remembered that Jungkook was supposed to be with them and can't help but ask, "Why are you guys at a club?"

"Its a long story.", he said with a rushed voice, "But we need to go home now because Jimin is so wasted he could barely stand and Jungkook..."

I bit my lips unconsciously, "Jungkook?"

"Fuck I just lost him. Wait a sec.", he shouted something to Jimin in the background, "Oh God, Jimin is now thrashing the place. Do me a favor and call us a cab please. I cannot drive because I had a few drinks just now."

"What? What club are you guys at again?"

"The Ivy. Oh and please tell the driver to bring along a few plastic bags because- Park Jimin!", some girl shrieked in the background, "Fuck, I have to go now. Call the cab for us okay?"

"Okay."

I managed to listen to him shouting at Jimin for a few seconds before the call came to a dead line.

Glancing at the worn t-shirt that I'm currently wearing, I pursed my lips for a while as I weighed my options.

The image of Jungkook's smile before he set my whole body to fire came into my mind.

Fuck it. I'm coming there myself.