Home

This morning wasn't gray, but by soothing lavender and brilliant amber. The colors merged into neon pink and peach. I had wakened early each morning in the stronghold to watch the sunrise. It wasn't as beautiful as the ones I saw at 'home' yet it sufficed. Beside me, Jaxton stirred in his sleep. I let out a small smile at how innocent he looked asleep. I had grown used to his presence beside me and might have even found it comforting.

Slipping off the bed, my feet touched the cold Marbled floor as I headed out of the room and into the kitchen. I loved mornings because I knew that there was no one else around. A cup of cinnamon tea in my hand as I sat outside enjoying the sunrise.

I wasn't sure how long i spend oustide but I could feel it when Jaxton came outside. The first thing he did was to lay a blanket around my shoulders. " We can't have you freezing to death can we?" Jaxton chuckled, enjoying his weird sense of humour. I gave him the best smile I could master and he looked pleased.

"What if I said that I don't want to be sacred anymore? That I don't want to be weak again."

He hummed, keeping his eyes on me the whole time.

"I would help you, train you both physically and mentally, yet still protect you. I can make you stronger then you already are."

There was something teasing in his tone that gave me chills. Good ones.

"I am not strong." I simply protested.

"You're stronger than you think you are. I can show you that. The very fact that you are my mate shows that the cauldron paired you up with me for a reason. It doesn't make mistakes and it clearly saw something in you that not even you can see."

That made me straighten my back and look at him in the eye; a bold task for me.

"teach me."

There was a glint in his eyes as he staljed towards me.

"Gladly."

__________________________

Excited was an understatement. I had a feeling of adrendaline as we stood at the Gates. Nixton and Ashton stood there as I mustered the best smiles I could for them. Jasper amd avagril were hanging from my legs as always, trying to stop me from leaving.

"I'll be back when I'm stronger. I think I'll fimd out stuff along the way too."

I tried explaining as they looked at me desperate. Apparently they hadn't expexted my trip to be this short.

"You don't have to go back if you don't want to. We can protect you."

Jaxton definitely heard that as he let out a low threatening growl. I shook my head not taking up the offer. Not like it would have really been possible even if i said yes.

" I feel- safer with him." The irony in that almost made me laugh but it was somewhat true.

Shaking my head slightly, I merely looked at them one more time, not wanting to linger before Jaxton opened the car door for me.

"Send my love to faith and Alice. Say that I'm sorry for not being able to see them at all and that I'll visit when I can."

As I said my last words, Jaxton got into the Other side of the car and started to drive off.

______________________

The ride back seemed much shorter more enjoyable. As always, the silence was there but it was comfortable. Halfway through, Jaxton had suddenly reached over to hold me hand and I couldn't say that I wasn't surprised. I had thought of pulling my hand away but the warmth of his hand and the bigness of it made me forget everything.