The Death Of A Kin

If missing you is my drug, then I'm over dosing everyday~

-  @nerd-senpai 

>>>

I shifted uncomfortably. Something or someone's hand was wrapped around my waist loosely. My hand went up to my face to brush off a strand of hair that stuck to my face. Sitting up slowly, I looked around the room.

  Nothing seemed unusual except the for the fact that his majesty was lying beside me, with his arm wrapped around me. I wasn't scared though. Jaxton wasn't an intruder, instead now, there was a sense of familiarity.

"Alpha." I whispered squeakily trying the name on my tongue. It felt overbearing and dominating. But he definitely didn't hear me and I could hardly hear myself.

"Alpha." My voice was louder and more firm. Jaxton's eyes opened and I was silent for a moment as his silver eyes glowed in the dark. " What did you call me?" He asked groggily his teeth baring a little.

I shivered a little as I whispered the title once again. "Alpha." His gaze went a little hard as he got up ruffling his hair. "Don't call me that." There was aggression that I was all too familiar with. After seeing me flinch, he softened. "It's not your place to call me that." I nodded, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm not angry with you rosaline. You call me Jaxton like you used to." I looked up slowly. If this was before all this shit laid down, I wouldn't have been afraid to do so, but that was before I almost reached the brink of death. I learnt many things, friends, meant nothing. Submission was the answer most of the time. To let the other person gain dominance. the old me would have never submitted.

"Rose, beauty is made out of light and darkness." He lifted up my chin, forcing me to have full eye contact with him. I was certain that my emotions could be seen swirling in my eyes. " You are the light, and I am the darkness." Swallowing, I replayed that in my head.

Rose?

Did he call me that?

"Jaxto-" Cedric, my so called friend barged in, seeing our proximity and stopped.

"Jaxton, there's trouble I need you to come now." Jaxton let out a grunt before slipping off the bed silently, and gave my a long look before slipping on a clean shirt, heading out to deal with what ever it was.

Finally smelling how bad my morning breath was like, I got off the bad and headed to the bathroom only to shock myself with what I saw in the sink mirror. My-My eyes they were red!

What am I supposed to do now? I grasped the edged of the sink gasping heavily. If I go to Jaxton will he know why to do? He will right? What if he doesn't. I would be a freak with red eyes.

I has never even seen anyone with such an eye colour before. It was the colour of fresh blood. Roses. Cranberries. Fire on a beach, fuelled with booze and brandy. Fire in an apartment building, fuelled with booze and brandy. Fire in your throat. Fire behind your teeth. None of them were good.

I stumbled out the door, running past people who I had forgotten long before. After many doors that I has whizz past, I finally cane to what I had somewhat remembered as Jaxton's office.

As I tried to calm my frantic heartbeat, I heard a voice I would have expected to hear.

The voice of my sister, Faith.

That gave me all the motivation I needed. I barged into the room running straight into her arms.

"Faith..." I muttered, filled with relief. I could finally see my family. Even if it was just This once , it was okay. I looked  up only  to be met with Faith's puffy eyes.

No

Faith doesn't cry

My sisters don't cry. 

I've never seen them do so.

"Ro-rosaline, I-um there's something you should know." It was plainly obvious that this wasn't going to be good.

"Where's Alice? Why didn't she come with you?" However, that was why I thought more about,  the thing I dwelled more on? Did something happen to her?

"See-Rose, I came because of that. Alice- alice is- she's dead."

The only thing I could hear next was the ringing in my ears. The questions flew through my head.

When?

How?

Why?

And fucking who?

My emotions were in a turmoil. It was almost as if everything was in fast forward while I was in the middle of it all.

"Rosaline." That gained no response from me. Until the voice called out.

"Rose." My head slowly turned to him with tears in my eyes. Jaxton walked over to me, engulfing me in a hug as he stroked my head slowly.

"Calm down rose, and let it out." He said con an gentle voice that made me seem like I was fragile.

The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child and I look toward the window, as if the light could soothe me. There is static in my head once more, the side effect of this constant fear, constant stress I live with. I hear my own sounds, like a distressed child, raw from the inside. It takes something out of me I didn't know I had left to give. That's the way it is when people are hard. It's like a theft of the spirit, an injury no other person can see.

"Shh... Its okay..." He comforted me patiently. 

"Rose, calm down. Your eyes, they're going haywire because of your emotions. Breathe." So he knew? He seems to know everything. Did he know that Alice was going to be murdered? I took in a huge gasp of air. Did he order that Alice be killed, to show dominance over me? Over the fact that the lives of my loved ones were in my head. My head snapped up as he seemed to read my mind. 

"I didn't kill her Rose. I would never kill your family."

"How can I believe you? You choked Esme and threatened to kill her just two months ago."

"That was the price I was willing to pay, to be hated by you to get you to go with me. I have no more reason to harm your siblings or parents."

"Rosaline," Faith calls. "It wasn't Jaxton. I was there I know."I turned to her my eyes filled with shock and terror. I rushed to her, only noticing that she wore long sleeves which was... I grabbed her mine into mine ripped the sleeve off. Her hands, they were marred by long, deep gruesome scars. She was there. If Alice died, she must have fought. The grief that must have overtaken her to be the only one coming out of it alive. But not unharmed.

My body shook uncontrollably as my grip on Faith's arms tightened. My nails dug into her flesh as she let out a silent whimper. Jaxton walked over and pried my hand from Faith. I was beyond pissed. I wanted to kill. A power had surged through my body, almost as if hate had fueled me.

I felt a malicious grin creep up my face as I let out a psychopathic laugh. They feeling of  something rip through my back, as if wings had spurted out all of a sudden had me paralysed as I turned my head slowly before seeing a pair of wings right before my very eyes.

~

Not an angel...