Prized songbird

"What do you think is going to happen to her Aedion. I can't allow her to live like this forever. We need to tell her someday. " Lysandra said in a sorrowful tone.

"Don't worry my love, better by far she should forget and smile. Than that should she remember and be in fear of the darkness. "

The surrounding family members, remained silent, none spoke a word. Suddenly, the wail of a baby resounded through the air. All eyes turned to the the baby girl lying in the crib that was placed in the middle of the room.

The queen moved forward to comfort her wailing daughter. She was special and different. She was to grow up to be exactly like the oracle had seen. A child that is born every few hundred of centuries.

A few feared for the worst, while others hoped for a better start. But that wouldn't change anything, it would all be up to her. For she is the chosen one, the one who would change us for the better.

~~~

"Princess, it's time for you to wake up." The maid tried to rouse me.

"Just for a little while more..." I groaned into my pillow. I bet that it was still very early in the morning. And she woke me from a perfectly good dream!

"That's not very lady-like Cassia. Get up. King Jaxton is coming today. I want you to look presentable."

Immediately I was wide awake. Jumping out of bed in the most grateful way I could master, but failing and ending up falling onto my butt.

"Yes mother." I said getting up, my cheeks stained red. She just glanced at me once more and walked out of my room.

I knew exactly what that meant. If I screwed up this time, I was in so much trouble.

I threw on a white and yellow sundress I could find and let the maids do my hair.

Unlike my many sisters who care too much about their appearances, I was the plainest.

Suitors lined up for them, where as I have only a few. It was fine by me, I preferred to have freedom, not to be locked up like a prized songbird.

"Father." I greeted out of respect as I entered the dining room and saw him sitting at the head of the table.

"Cassia. Good morning. I assume you know that King Jaxton is coming today. I nodded my head, taking a seat at the near end of the table. We all sat according to our ages, that's why mother sat next to father then Tobias and so on and so forth.

"Where are my sisters?" I asked Ashton, who was sitting directly in front of me.
"They're getting ready-"

"For King Jaxton. He's coming to choose his bride." Nixton said, cutting Ashton off.
"Nixton! Where are you manners. How can you cut your brother off like that. Apologize !" Mother screeched.

"I'm sorry brother." Nixton said quietly. Just then, my four older sisters paraded into the room. They were dressed in their finest clothes and sat down after greeting our parents. I knew, that deep down, they didn't want to do this. Who wouldn't be afraid of king Jaxton?

Hesitantly, I asked. "Father, do I have to be a candidate as well?" "Of course Cassia!" Father said in a fake cheery tone. Sighing, I ate my breakfast in silence. We all knew how this was going to turn out.

~~~

*Waves hand frantically* Hi. Looks like I started writing this new book. Bye. Don't forget to check out my other books. :)

 :)