His Protection

"Enough!"

He commanded pulling me to his chest.

"That's enough. We can continue this another day."

Nixton bowed, his eyes constantly remaining on me as he left the room.

"Rose, breathe."

I took a deep breath and out of the blue, I hugged him. He was taken aback but quickly returned it. He rested his head on my neck, inhaling my scent.

"Alp- Jaxton. What am I to you?"

"Everything." He answered without hesitation.

"Will you save me from myself?"

"What you need saving from, is me.. "

———————

I couldn't forget his words. They echoed inside of me. Even as we had dinner, the table was silent. He sat insanely close to me, never letting go of my hand, as if he was afraid of something.

He constantly looked around, observing everyone while no one dared to look him in the eye. I contemplated before I lightly drew circles in his hand, trying to calm him down.

The tensity in shoulders relax and he laid his head on my shoulder. After the conversation we had earlier in the day, we had not spoken to each other, even though I really wanted to. 

"Ask what you want." He finally said when we were back in the room, where I had told him not to leave me alone. 

"How much more do you know about me than I do? Why do you protect me? Are you just going to abandon me one day when you decide to give up on me?"

He lifted his head to look at me directly in the eye. His eyes held a feiry flame. It had something that I couldn't put my finger on. 

"I know alot. Its burdensome."

My heart stopped for a moment. That's right. I can't just fall so easily after he showed me some kindness. It wasn't that I didn't want to forget what he had put me through. And the two months didn't heal me.

Time doesn't heal anything, it just teaches us to live with the pain.

"But, its because I know what you are, i am more than willing to do anything for you. I-I wasn't sure at first but I do now. You are special to me. Leaving you behind would mean a way to toture myself. Rather, it would be you who would toss me away once you're done. "

Why? Why did those words calm my inner demons and reach my soul? I'm not supposed to be affected but it was obvious that I indeed did feel something. 

Hate?

There is no hate, only the absence of love.

Then what?

Affection?

Maybe.

My body moved on its own as I stood up from the bed that I was seated on, towards him. His eyes followed my every action. I ended up standing in front of him.

All of a sudden, I hugged him. I didn't know what I was doing. 

"Then what are you, Jaxton?" 

-----

Maybe I was mean on my side to ask him that. I knew that he wouldn't decline my request, espically when I was holding him this close. 

"Please tell me, I need to know. I want to know who you really are." He tensed a little as I held him closer.

He told hold of my waist, lifting me up like a child. I clinged onto him like the pathetic person I was. 

"When we get back. When we get back home." I whined slightly before he placed me lightly on the bed. 

"This is not the place. The walls have ears. I want to tell you when we get back, then you'll know about me. For now, sleep well." As he turned, to leave, perhaps to the next room, my hand shot out to grab his wrist.

"Don't go, please. She might come back, I don't want her hauting my every sleeping moment. Please stay with me." I didn;t have to say anything more. As he took a seat again, I could feel his gaze on my as I closed my eys.

The darkness enveloped me as I heard the night wind sing. 

That night, she didn't come.

__

When you feel so guilty that you really haven't updated in forvever and try to make up for it by posting a shortass one ,begging for forgivness. :-)?

IM RLLY FUCKING SORRY. I'VE BEEN HAVING THE LONGEST WRITERS AND DESIGNING BLOCK EVER ADN I REALLY TRIED.

I hope this can make up for it a little a little and ya'll can forgive me. 

*sneaks off*

Oggay, bai ;'-)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW