Chapter 17 - An Eternity

"So... she died from something. Did... you do it?"

Pennywise growled low, whipping his head back and forth like a wild rabid dog with rabies. It was much more complicated than just that, not even Penny had the exact answer to it or to how it really begun.

The only thing that distorted the past and reality from the cavity that was part of that thought process above was of the H/C haired female. In a blink, she would look like her, crying with tears in her eyes that day It stumbled upon her that rainy day.

Kill her, feast on her.

Pennywise hissed at the suggestion; having two sides that made up his entity, this Eater of Worlds didn't think with logic, only with the primal need to feast. Deep down, within the being It was, Penny knew that this girl was more important than the other kids that had been consumed for as long as It had been on the planet for.

As much as Penny knew that wanting to feast on her flesh and fear and end this problem was one that seem to suffice the need in its being, It knew that it wouldn't be enough.

"P-Penny,"

It looked up, feeling the sharp edges of its teeth piercing through its gums, the thoughts and threats were getting too much to decide when two sides of It wanted two different things. "No-- must not... Penny mustn't." Pennywise remembered, shaking its large head from side to side to make the bells on its Victorian clothes jingle roughly.

She used to call me that.

"Go back to it, what happened to her... Tell me."

Pennywise grumbled, not needing to think too hard about the exact moment in which it had happened. It remembered everything clearly; every soul consumed and eaten, every pesky piece of sh*t of a child It came into contact with and those adults too. It was just that It suppressed it better to forget about them as much as possible.

Suddenly, memories appeared, whizzing through the air, as a familiar time from the past came into Pennywise's vision; the moment he remembered the most.

.

.

.

.

It had been a few months that had passed when The Dancing Clown had seen the H/C haired female last; the seasons passed from cold to warmer: death had passed and new life was arriving; the arrival of Spring and rebirth was to take place.

It was still rainy in Derry- it never seemed to change nor get warmer- only the summers were warm and full of happiness. Cold brought less: and Pennywise hated that. He hated that he could barely feast: the feast of mortal kin.

That was when It was at it's worse: the primal demand for food was to the best; and sometime It found itself being something much more than just a clown. It's original form, the Spider, crawling and twisting within the underground systems, waiting...

Pennywise had been found by the riverbanks once again- a typical place to be found, and apart from seeming as if the eternal being was alone, it didn't seem much like that at all.

The once gloved white hands had been scrapped and dirtied, not just from the mud and dirt, but from the blood and guts. It's hands had been replaced with sharp talons: similar to either a birds or more like a wild beast.

Those claws dug and feasted within the belly of a small child, blood oozing from the pocket as the once small being's life had been drained away. The only thing left was the look of fear still present in his eyes; now pale and frozen in time, the boy had only wanted to go out exploring.